FSX Not Responding on startup screen.

kdhurne

When I try to open FSX Gold Edition, I get the opening title screen and that's it. When I open Task Manager it shows FSX as not responding. I've tried searching for any error codes to see why but have not found any in the Event Viewer. This has happened to me numerous times and not just with Windows 10. Normally I end up uninstalling and reinstalling (simply doing an install fix doesn't work) it but of course I loose all my data (logs, rewards, etc) and am tired of going through this process.

I am running FSX Gold on Windows 10 Home (64 bit) (I do not have any add-ons)

Intel Core i5-2320 @ 3.00 GHz

8.00 GB RAM

Can anyone help me or at least point me in the right direction?

Thanks, I'll look into that. I have not installed anything free-ware or paid add-ons. For the time being I'm trying to just get FSX working. Once I find it to be stable enough, I may try some add-ons. If not I'm going to keep my eye on FSX-SE for a sale and buy it since the reviews all seem to rave over its improved stability.

Another thing you might try, that's happened to me many a time, is to look in your FSX.cfg file and delete anything after the equals sign in the section [uSERINTERFACE], the line SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM

Leave the SITUATION= part, just delete whatever you have after the "=" sign.

That's worked for me many times.

Also, if you determine it IS your logbook.bin file, you don't have to loose all that information by deleting it. There are a few really good repair programs for it in the library here. Just type "logbook" (no quotes) in the search box. Make sure you only check the FSX part, though, as there are a couple that only work in FS9. They let you get your logbook back, with possibly ONE entry gone, due to a corrupted line in it. A lot better than loosing a few thousand landings, or whatever you's accumulated.

Hope that helps a little...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Thanks to everyone. Problem solved. It was the Logbook.BIN file. Took me a while to find it (Google search helped) and I downloaded the software for editing it and deleted the last entry.

For others who find this thread and have the same issue, here is the website where you can find the logbook editor:

http://lc0277.gratisim.fr/software.html

And this is the location of the Logbook.BIN file on Windows 10:

C:\Users\*your username*\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files

And this is the location of the fsx.CFG file on Windows 10:

C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Hopefully this will save some other people some time as well.

Glad you got it fixed!

Remember though, it may not be the last entry that's corrupted, especially if you go back and edit a previous flight in the sim's Logbook section.

I personally use a little program from flyawaysimulation called Logbook Recovery, the zipfile is fsxlog11.zip, if you want to look it up. It is a real lifesaver, and does the recovery, under your control at all times, for you. You don't have to go searching for the bad entry.

Just a little thought :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived