issue with FDSFX panel

Kdierken

Hi simmers, I once had this panel working for flight attendants voices. To be honest not sure if I had Windows 7 at the time or not, I open FS9 go thru what I need to do before flight (locate TDS B737-400 etc) , open up the FDSFX panel click on the switch for say Gate departure opens up the dialog box, locate & click on sound for Gate departure game shuts down. I read the readme file, looked for email, it no longer works, that is why I am trying you all to see if anyone has had this issue before with Windows 7. Much appreciated as usual for your help. Kenny

PS I downloaded this file in fltsims website search 2004 panel under file name: FDSFXPNL.ZIP

I've had no issues. Maybe try a reinstall, as the sound files are already in there. You shouldn't have to open the dialog box etc unless you're trying to add a different sound package.
CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

Thanks kingnorris, I did a fresh download from flt sim website I tried that in one plane first, if that worked then I planned on coping & pasting once again in all my liners. Upon opening panel I clicked on a switch, right click opened up the dialog box to locate sound for that switch & that is when mt Flt Sim shut down. Everything once worked now it doesn't. I miss having it, don't know if it was a Windows update some time back as I get a lot of them for Windows 7. Kenny

Hi Kenny! My screenshot shows what happens with a right-click of one of the switches:

cockpit voices.JPG

Now my question is... when you do a normal left-click of any of the switches, doesn't it play the sounds you want?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks for the tip Kenny! I tried to install, in an effort to help, but it works fine in my FSX Accel. Don't know what to say, except, THANKS:):)

PS, FSX-Accel, Win7-64 bit. Almost all winupdates installed. Just 6 left out because they possibly offer win10 stuff.

FDSFXpic.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks mrzippy & il88pp, I am glad it works for you il88pp in FSX did not know if it would. This is why I miss it as it gives a sorta realization of Flt Att audio & music for your entertainment. As for you mrzippy I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, so I opened up my FS9 TDS B737-700 plane then opened up my panel, you have to left click on a switch, shows that it is being used (works), right click opens the dialog box I located the Departure announcement audio clicked ok that is when my FS9 shuts down. Sorry that I write a lot of info, but I figured in detail will help all that respond. Kenny

Thanks mrzippy & il88pp, I am glad it works for you il88pp in FSX did not know if it would. This is why I miss it as it gives a sorta realization of Flt Att audio & music for your entertainment. As for you mrzippy I thought maybe I was doing something wrong, so I opened up my FS9 TDS B737-700 plane then opened up my panel, you have to left click on a switch, shows that it is being used (works), right click opens the dialog box I located the Departure announcement audio clicked ok that is when my FS9 shuts down. Sorry that I write a lot of info, but I figured in detail will help all that respond. Kenny

OK, if I understand you correctly, it works and gives you the proper sound when you left-click on a switch, then why do you want to right-click it if it causes a failure? like the doctor says..."if it hurts when you do that....DON'T Do That!"

Now if I am misunderstanding what you are saying and when you left-click on a switch and the light comes on but no voice is heard, then make sure that the folder FDSFX (with all of the MP3 sound files) is in your Main Sound Folder.

Is your fs9 installed in C:\program files by any chance?

(My fsx is not.)

I just cleaned up one of the recordings with audacity, saved it under a new name. MP3 file.

added the file to the FDSFX folder in \Sound,

and in flight, right clicked a button and selected it.

It played the new sound file.

If that doesn't work for you, you could save new filenames under the old filenames. And then replace the old files with your new ones.

Then there is no need to right click a button and select a new sound file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To start with thanks mrzippy & il88pp for your input. mrzippy I tried several other things, in the past I put the panel within the A/C folder that I used also the sound in same folder when it all worked. I opened A/C located TDS B737-700 left clicked on the switch say Gate Departure, to get the light to come on, I have to rt click to open dialog box too choose the sound associated to that switch, that is when it shuts down. They have worked for years then there where Window 7 updates since then it has been acting up. As for ii88pp since having Window7 it was mentioned to put FS9 outside of C:/programs files (86x). So I did that not too have problems & it worked perfectly then now problem. I again hope this helps more. Kenny

The Folder with all of the sound files should be in your Main Sound Folder, not in the A/C folder. Left-clicking on any of the switches should turn on the light and play the sound file. When you right-click and bring up the dialog box and try to click a sound file, it's unable to be found so it gives you the error.

Thanks again mrzippy, I did what you said to do (as you can see by the screenshot of my main sound folder). I opened up FS9 went to the plane, left clicked the light comes on, to open dialog box to choose the wav file you have to rt click I did that found the wav file high lighted it click ok just like I use to that is when FS9 shuts down. This all started several months ago not sure if it was a Windows update? That somehow messed it up. Just asking. Kenny

Main-sound-files-lg.jpg

Kenny, I see the mistake you are making! You opened the folder and copied the .wav files into your Main Sound Folder. You were suppose to put the folder intact into your Main Sound Folder like in my example. You should never have to right-click to open up the dialog box! Left-clicking on any of the switches should activate the light and the announcement.

sound.JPG

I appreciate all the help mrzippy, but now I have another issue since putting the original FDSFX inside my main folder as you suggested. I did that as you can see by my screenshot, I opened up FS9 loaded up TDS B737-700 clicked on the small icon to open panel, here is where it is new issue FS9 shutdown, never before it only shutdown after I rt clicked to open dialog box select the sound wav then it shutdown. Kenny

new FDSFX in sound folder.jpg

Thanks for once again mrzippy for your help. I wish you had something there, that I never had before this issue. It is a shame as I do miss this panel. Unfortunately I do not have a simmer & an avid computer tech that could come over here to see what it is that is preventing it from happening. We gave it all. Kenny

Archived