good deal

Guest lavochkin

Okay, a link to a new forum that's pro X-Plane and pro FS2004. And is the foul language really necessary in the postings? No. Thumbs down, dude. :(

And the language coming from the ADMIN to boot! 2 Thumbs down!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

A 'good deal' eh!............in a word NO

To any body else reading this thread the only 'good deal' you will get is not wasting your time in viewing the linked website - a big +1 on the comments made by the others and a very big thumbs down from me.

Regards

Brian

Pity it only caters for X-Plane and FS2004.

It says X-Plane is "the sim of the future", I might go along with that IF they ever fix the

single-engine prop aircraft issue that makes them slowly develop a roll because they've got no natural stability. The developers admit it's a longstanding issue that has never been fixed and it's the main reason I stick with FSX.

FSX is not perfect, for example tyres won't grip the runways at speed, as if they're on ice, and the rudder effects in some aircraft are a bit weird, but overall FSX is more perfect than X-Plane.

As for FS2004, I loved it to bits, but FSX has that little bit more polish..:)

& the Admin is the only member. Rude & crude. Silly comments as well.

Why would you waste precious pixels registering on that lame website's forums?

P3D users who are having fun are "breaking the law and should go to jail?" Really? :rolleyes:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Regardless of the Platform... if it works for you, then so much the better.

Whether it's P3D, FSX, XP, FS9, whatever... the point is to have fun with what you have, right?

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Regardless of the Platform... if it works for you, then so much the better.

Whether it's P3D, FSX, XP, FS9, whatever... the point is to have fun with what you have, right?

Alan :pilot:

Right. Except for P3D, then the purpose needs to be for something other than fun, but as long as that's the case, then you can still have fun. :D

Guest lavochkin
Well that ain't going work. I do not like people anyway. So running my own forum was not a good idea. cya

Well that ain't going work. I do not like people anyway. So running my own forum was not a good idea. cya

It was a good idea, the layout was very easy on the eye so congratulations on that, i wish I had the tech knowhow to run my own forum or I'd have started one years ago.

The only drawback of yours is that there are already lots of flight sim forums around, so there's no real demand for a new one.

If you ever decide to have another crack at starting a forum on any subject let me know and i'll give you some advice and a bunch of screenshots and photos, I'm a moderator at the Mission4Today forum and my WW2 aircraft photo threads have had 6 million views so far..:)

Haha Lavochkin don't let the grumpy grouches put you off, they remind me of my dad when I was a kid, he used to sneer "Huh, been wasting your money again?" whenever I brought a model plastic plane kit home and I got no encouragement from him in anything I did, perhaps he'd have preferred me to join the local street gang and run riot through the streets?..:)

PS- As for not liking people, surely there must be SOMEBODY you like?

The trick is to only associate with people on our own wavelength who make us feel good, and there are plenty of them about..:)

“Associate yourself with men of good quality, for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company"- George Washington

"If you hang around with losers you become a loser"- Donald Trump

"The main thing in life is to be surrounded by good men" - Friedrich von Paulus

"He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm" (Bible: Proverbs 13:20)

Guest lavochkin
Scatterbrainkid, I hear ya. This why I am big time loner. I fly alone on Vatsim. Thank-you for your positive response. Cya dude.

Using needless profanity was hardly admirable, kid. That's not the way to launch a flightsim forum, not the way to engage people with similar interests, as the OP found out then made it worse by displaying childish antisocial nonsense. After singing a chorus of "I HATE PEOPLE" maybe read this memorable quote from Les Brown:

"Avoid foul mouthed people. If you’re one of them, commit to lose this part of yourself. Don’t allow yourself to be a vessel or a sponge for filthy or disrespectful language, or a garbage disposal for violent words ... Cursing is the strongest expression of a weak mind. ... Your words create your world, and your world reflects your reality. You always have a choice."

lavochkin,

Your response to ftldave simply shows that you lack the knowledge on how open forums work and it also further shows, IMO, a lack of respect to other forum members that you have asked to view, and by default comment on, your forum/webpage.

WRT to your forum - notwithstanding my earlier comments in post #6 - why don't you take time out, sit back and review what you have done so far, take on board the negative remarks made and turn the comments into positives by simply removing, and not using, offensive language in the posts. Also consider providing more info as to why you make the comments. For example, explain why you would not spend more money on certain products in a constructive way instead of simply making crude statements.

Regards

Brian

Archived