WHY is the Level-D 767 SO GOOD?

FSXmarc

I don't know if the 767 is over hyped but I've had it in FS9 and FSX for years. I would say that it is the most detailed 767 on the market...or at least I haven't heard anyone say otherwise.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Deep systems, highly functional and bug-free FMS, copilot, cabin, & ground crew, failure module, and a great flight model - just a joy to hand fly. The graphics are dated and according to the user forums it takes so e work to get it (mostly) running in P3D

I always thought the default Level-D B763 folder structure was a un-organized mess (mixtures of 16/32 bit textures of .bmp and .dds) and each repaint consuming WAY too much disk space.

So I went to work over hauling it...

First, backed up ALL the default Level-D Texture folders.

Second, I made a master Texture folder with EVERY common texture (Just like Microsoft intended) and got each repaint Texture folder down to just these 7 textures with a texture.cfg falling back to the master Texture folder saving huge amounts of disk space. I even did this with the Level-D House repaints.

b763belly_t.dds

b763engine_t.dds

b763fuse_left_t.dds

b763fuse_right_t.dds

b763noseline_t.dds

b763wing_left_t.dds

b763wing_right_t.dds

texture.cfg

thumbnail.jpg

Then, using DXTbmp I converted all the remaining .bmp textures to FSX native .dds textures (Flip image and alpha in DXTbmp). Anything in 16 bit .bmp's converted to .dds DXT5 and 32 bit .bmp's to .dds 888-8 32 bit.

Now I don't think it's a piece of crap anymore.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Should I get the Level-D 767? I want a good 767 since Ive been flying the 757 all the time

I want a Delta new color 767-300 no winglet with PW engines. Does the eicas have EPR readings like the PW in real life?

Archived