new FXX missions

I have FSX steam edition, and am now sick of the missions that came with the software. I've played them 10 times or more, and am looking for new missions.

I have found other websites that purport to have new missions, whith instructions to download and copy a file to the 'missions' within the FSX program. I've tried doing this, but FSX fails to recognize the new missions.

Any advice?

Matt

Hi Matt,

There are certain missions that sound intriguing but just don't work; at least not without a lot of editing. It's always helpful to provide enough info about any addon, mission or otherwise, to give anyone willing to help something to go on. Providing the filename and the website is a good start.

To, perhaps, save you some trouble if you see "Gera" in the mission description I recommend avoiding that mission. Any request for assistance, if answered, will be met with words to the effect that he had friends check the mission out and it works perfectly. You've been warned.

Jim F.

I've found tons of missions. Here on Flightsim, on Avsim, Simviation, Flyaway Simulation, and, in my opinion the best, Simtours.net.

Just go to any of the aforementioned site's libraries, type in MISSION, and start downloading.

As to the missions not showing up, I've never had that problem. I put them in their own folder in \FSX\Mission and they show right up. Like \FSX\Mission\Carrier Missions, or whatever. Maybe a really stupid, obvious question, but you DO unzip them before placing them, yes?

ScreenHunter_699 May. 01 21.53_A.jpg

As you can see in the picture, I added Blackdog Runs (third name down). I just plopped it in, no sweat. I did have to copy the .RWD file in it to \FSX\Rewards manually. That was the hardest part :D

Just my thoughts...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

You could try FFX.

FFX is an addon, payware, around 20$ I think. Fire Fighter X.

It turns any plane into a water bomber. Then adds a number of fires in the area around you.

You can then fly to these fires, and put them out by dropping water on them.

I think the addon is available in "Simmarket".

Here's a link.

http://secure.simmarket.com/lorby-si-firefighter-x-fsx-p3d.phtml

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry everyone, tried all that, and still does not appear when I start the FSX program. That is why I had a thread from January, I keep trying, follow the instructions, and nothing happens. I use flyaway simulations, copy the Wizard folder to both my missions folder and another folded within Missions, and still nothing happens.

Matt

Say what exact file you downloaded, (.zip file name) and from what site. Perhaps also a link to the page you got it from.

That way someone else can download it too, install, test, and then he/she can tell you how to do it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt,

Please explain this: '...copy the Wizard folder to both my missions folder and another folded within Missions, and still...'.

'Copy'? Or extract? 'to BOTH' (folders)? 'and ANOTHER folder'? Why 2 folders? It should be to ONE folder (under 'main' Mission folder) shouldn't it? Or am I comfused?

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

OK thanks everyone. I finally got it to work. My problem was that when I stated the program using the FSX desktop icon, the newly added missions did not show, but when I started the program from Steam with Steam opened to full page, the newly added missions showed, and they worked (I did Lake Chelan and Swiss VFR from Flyaway so far). I suspect I have two sets of mission folders on my computer, possibly from two redundant FSX programs. That is the best explanation I can have for what happened. Anyway thanks for your feedback, as it did not directly solve the problem, it gave me clues of what to donext and to keep trying. Matt

Archived