Bug: Control surfaces automatically centering, Help!

molanm

Hey Everyone,

Have been playing FSX for years on my computer with no problem. However today when playing with the keyboard or my joystick after a split second the controls 'jerk' back to neutral, like they are centred.

For example when you pull back to rotate, the elevator moves correctly, then jerks to centred/neutral after half a second and the nose comes back down.

Anyone know how to fix this? Hoping its some setting or a quick fix.

Many thanks!

Switch the autopilot off.

That would also be my first guess. Any new addons recently? Any changes to your FSX.cfg that you may be experimenting with and forgot about? Does it happen with all aircraft?

P.S. Welcome to the FSX Forum!:pilot:

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your replies. The autopilot wasn't on, so not sure what else is the problem. It only occurs on one aircraft type, and only recently, with no changes being made to instigate it. Also its only on the elevator control surfaces that is the issue, the ailerons and rudder work fine, and the elevator on all other aircraft work fine. The joystick and keyboard have the issue, and i have calibrated the joystick and it works fine...

Any help would be appreciated!

Hey Everyone,

with the keyboard or my joystick after a split second the controls 'jerk' back to neutral, like they are centred.

I am presuming you mean the elevator re-centres while you keep the joystick held away from the centre. Perhaps you have more than one analogue device mapped to the elevator axis. FSX is good at 'helpfully' mapping the axes when you plug a new device in.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Archived