Really Unusal Problem About Repaint/Texture in a B737-800

CTeodorL

Hey. I've already got sick of the default 737-800 textures, so I wanted to download a new one, like a KLM one, just a better one. I've already searched around a bunch of tutorials, all of them teaching the same thing. I did it exactly as shown in the videos/texts. You may be thinking: Hah, he's just forgetting to unzip the texture folder. Or: Haha, his aircraft.cfg file may contain a wrong letter in a wrong place. Well, everything that you think that could solve my problem, I've already tried to, I've checked as much as I could. In the best YouTube tutorial I found, I had a 16 comments conversation in the comments section with the video author, and still talking with him, we're almost giving up. He asked a lot of things, and I've already checked all of them. Like when you're going to take off a plane.

I do all the procedure inside my FSX files, and everything should be ok. But when I go to FSX, open the aircraft selection menu, press "Show variations", the paint just isn't there. It feels like there's a ridiculous small problem in the configuration, I don't know. It could be something about my FSX/Windows version. I've downloaded FSX Steam Edition recently, and only played it for 18 hours (huahauah) until now. So... I have the newest version for FSX:SE, I hope. And I am currently using a Windows 10, through a Boot Camp (Yes, I am currently in a Mac laptop). I'm still a newbie at FSX tho.

You know, to access the Flight Simulator X folder, you go to Program Files x86 and open Microsoft Games, and FSX will be there. For me it's different: I don't have a Microsoft Games section in Program Files x86, so I need to do a whole other procedure: on Program Files x86, I open Steam, then steamapps, then common, then FSX, and then I find the rest there. But that shouldn't change anything in the game files configuration, because when I enter the FSX files, they are the same as if I accessed them by going through the Microsoft Games folder.

I may've forgot to write something important about the problem, but anyway, what can I even do?

Please know that all wrote above is important, nothing is trash. The only trash is my grammar.

Thanks for your attention. I appreciate any patience to respond to my question.

I may've forgot to write something important about the problem, but anyway, what can I even do?

You forgot the most important part.

You forgot to tell us what livery you are trying to add (zip file name) and where you got it.

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Additionally, Windows has a severe personal problem letting people edit files in the Program Files(X86) folder. It may be it's not letting you change the aircraft.cfg file as you need to to add a texture. You might try making a back-up copy of the aircraft.cfg file, copy the original to you desktop, edit it to add the new texture, then move it back where it came from, overwriting the one that's there.

I think this is the reason most folks say to keep stuff you will be changing a lot, and we Do change FSX and FSX-SE a LOT, out of those folders.

I don't know if this will help any, or not...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Make sure your Aircraft Selection screen has all of the info circled in RED. Like Bean suggests...let us know which download file you used. Some of the [fltsim.xx] info that gets copied over to the aircraft.cfg have mistakes in them like wrong texture=names, wrong panel=names, even wrong sim=names.

select page.jpg

This was the first KLM 7370800 repaint for default 737-800 that I found in the File Library. Is this it?

FSX - FSX Jetliners FSX KLM Boeing 737-800

[ Download | View ]

Name: b7378klm.zip

Size: 9,911,327 Date: 07-28-2008 Downloads: 3,511

b7378klm.gif

FSX KLM Boeing 737-800. Textures for the default B737-800. Repaint by Pingitore Julien.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I tried that download for the KLM repaint. I noticed the README was in French, which is no problem, but there was a couple of funky things that needed to be changed in the [fltsim.xx] that a newbie might not notice.

KLM.JPG

Make sure your Aircraft Selection screen has all of the info circled in RED. Like Bean suggests...let us know which download file you used. Some of the [fltsim.xx] info that gets copied over to the aircraft.cfg have mistakes in them like wrong texture=names, wrong panel=names, even wrong sim=names.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]188972[/ATTACH]

This was the first KLM 7370800 repaint for default 737-800 that I found in the File Library. Is this it?

FSX - FSX Jetliners FSX KLM Boeing 737-800

[ Download | View ]

Name: b7378klm.zip

Size: 9,911,327 Date: 07-28-2008 Downloads: 3,511

b7378klm.gif

FSX KLM Boeing 737-800. Textures for the default B737-800. Repaint by Pingitore Julien.

Yep. I tried two KLM repaints, one of them (the first one I downloaded) was in French, and the other in normal English.

You forgot the most important part.

You forgot to tell us what livery you are trying to add (zip file name) and where you got it.

For the first time I downloaded a KLM 737-800 repaint that had the "README" file all wrote in French. After that, I downloaded another 737-800 KLM repaint, also didn't work. Then I downloaded a TAM (Brazil) repaint, and it also didn't work.

For the first time I downloaded a KLM 737-800 repaint that had the "README" file all wrote in French. After that, I downloaded another 737-800 KLM repaint, also didn't work. Then I downloaded a TAM (Brazil) repaint, and it also didn't work.

OK, what is the .zip file name? Where did you download from? THIS IS CRITICAL!

I tried that download for the KLM repaint. I noticed the README was in French, which is no problem, but there was a couple of funky things that needed to be changed in the [fltsim.xx] that a newbie might not notice.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]188973[/ATTACH]

:eek:How did you make it work? You did the normal steps.

Yes , the " " quote marks do not belong in the fltsim.xx (even in French:)

I personally don't use the now ten-year old default B737-800 - there are much better and newer freeware editions available There's even a complete freeware KLM released this year for D/L...

I need something like this: b7378klm.zip from you. This is a .zip file.

If you used the download I described, then your [fltsim.xx] should look like this.

[fltsim.6]

title=Boeing 737-800 KLM

sim=Boeing737-800

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=klm

kb_checklists=Boeing737-800_check

kb_reference=Boeing737-800_ref

atc_id=N737W

atc_airline=KLM

atc_flight_number=

ui_manufacturer=Boeing

ui_type=737-800

ui_variation=KLM

ui_typerole=Avion de ligne

ui_createdby=Microsoft Corporation

description=Il n'est pas surprenant d'apprendre que le premier fabricant mondial d'appareils commerciaux est à l'origine de l'avion de ligne le plus populaire au monde. Le 737 est devenu l'avion de ligne le plus vendu au monde lorsque son nombre de commandes a atteint 1 831 en juin 1987 (dépassant le record de vente précédemment établi par le Boeing 727). Toutefois, il n'en a pas toujours été ainsi. En effet, durant les premières années de production, le nombre de commandes était si faible que Boeing a considéré l'annulation du programme. Le fabricant a poursuivi ce dernier et l'avion a largement fait ses preuves pendant plus de trente années de service.

I will try the TAM one right now! You have the proper [fltsim.xx] from my previous post. Try it!

TAM works fine! Did you change [fltsim.xx] to [fltsim.6] or next proper number in sequence?

TAM.JPG

Archived