ILS choice + ATC

ital

Hi,

Sometimes on approach, the ATC redirects me to land on another approach while the approach I selected is also for landings so is it possible to make the ATC go with my choice of approaches?

Like for example in OMDB, I want to come in approach and land from the north side of the airport (sea) but every time I select ILSxx from either both runways it redirects me back to land from the desert side. Just want to know if there are ways to make it accept any ILS approach that I choose.

Thanks.

Good day.

Hi,

Sometimes on approach, the ATC redirects me to land on another approach while the approach I selected is also for landings so is it possible to make the ATC go with my choice of approaches?

Like for example in OMDB, I want to come in approach and land from the north side of the airport (sea) but every time I select ILSxx from either both runways it redirects me back to land from the desert side. Just want to know if there are ways to make it accept any ILS approach that I choose.

Thanks.

Good day.

I would assume if the wind is in a favorable direction, you could ignore the ATC ding-dongs and do your own approach. I have tried in the past to do what you are trying and it seems like ATC is cooperating when they tell you to side-step for the other approach. But it never turns out well!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

As far as I know, no. By the same token, the ATC, if given multiple landing runways, picks according to wind direction as shown on ATIS.

Having said that, the ATC in FS9 and FSX both is pretty stupid. I don't know if there's any way, other than going to VATSIM, to force the ATC to accept that you are going to land someplace other than what they want.

I am frequently wrong, however. I don't use the ATC in FS at all. I keep my COM radios tuned to the Guard frequencies.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

(in fsx).

You can get offered 2L and choose 2R instead.

But not 20 (L or R).

The landing direction depends on the wind direction.

Wind speed can be important too. At EINN there is 6-24 and 01-19. You will only get 01-19 if the wind is from one of those directions AND over 16 knots.

It is possible to edit an airport, creating your own 'addon version'. In the edited version you can open all runways. So when arriving you still get offered the one into the wind, but can then request any runway.

Some airports in the file library are set up this way.

Possible search term:

crosswind runway

Often two versions are included, one normal setup, one crosswind.

(Not sure if all of the above applies to fs9 as well.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why? Because...I DON'T WannA :D

They can be so stupid, and so distracting, that I just don't feel like using them. Besides, no ATC on Carriers, and I don't load vLSO up, yet. Why again, you ask? Because I am not that good yet. I am getting better and better, but it's a pretty steep learning curve, and I have limited time aloft, so it's probably a slower process than it could be.

Why did I choose the Guard freq's to tune my COM radio's to? Because they aren't used unless in MP, which I don't do very much of. Thus, no matter where in the world I go, I don't have to worry about he ATC breaking my concentration at any time. NO one uses the two main Guard freq's.

If I'm just out in a helicopter doing low-n-slow sight-seeing, or making up a mission to fly, I don't want the distraction of an ATC rambling on in my headset (simulated).

Does that answer the question, councilor? :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Like Phantom I don't and haven't used FS ATC for instruction for years.

I may tune into it for ambience from time to time, and will use the progressive taxi (if available ) at my destination .

Anyways!

I certainly remember an option in the default ATC to choose different runways for landings (I used it regularly ) I seem to remember there was a'request alternative runway or approach' or suchlike in the ATC window .

Not using ATC removes any such problems for me, and I much prefer it for my flying.

But! The option is available.

Cheers Andy

Archived