aircraft fs9

mitchb

Yep. You MUST put the airplanes into the \aircraft folder, or the Sim can't find them. Scenery is something else, and can be put anywhere.

It's just how it is.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

I tried add aircraft to a location outside of " fs9 aircraft". I PUT A SHORTCUT IN AIRCRAFT FILE, BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

You don't use a shortcut, you use a symlink. Use mklink /j.

Cheers!

Luke

thanks ,, for putting me straight on aircraft placement.

I figue if I don't ask I'll never learn

another question. a lot of the planes I fly

move at 200mph or less--.my old reflexes are slow. the basic instruments that show up on hitting "W" mostly have a 450mph ASI. is there any way to put a copy of the lower speed instrument from the panel in it's place ???

thanks ,, for putting me straight on aircraft placement.

I figue if I don't ask I'll never learn

another question. a lot of the planes I fly

move at 200mph or less--.my old reflexes are slow. the basic instruments that show up on hitting "W" mostly have a 450mph ASI. is there any way to put a copy of the lower speed instrument from the panel in it's place ???

Probably! What aircraft fer instance? This aircraft has more than 1 airspeed indicator or is the mini panel using a different one than the main panel?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

...the basic instruments that show up on hitting "W" mostly have a 450mph ASI. is there any way to put a copy of the lower speed instrument from the panel in it's place ???

What you are using is known as the mini panel.

Some planes have their own mini panel, such as the default planes.

Planes that do not have custom mini panels use a generic version, which has the ASI that you see.

Changing that ASI is pretty simple.

In your ...\FS9\aircraft folder is a folder named default.

In that folder is a folder named panel and in that folder is a file named panel.cfg.

You can open that file with Notepad. Before you do, make a copy of that file for backup purposes.

In that file you will find three lines that say...

gauge00=MiniPanel!Airspeed, 0, 0, 100, 100

...edit those lines to...

gauge00=Beech_Baron!Airspeed Indicator, 0, 0, 100, 100

The only change I made is what is in bold.

Save your changes.

Now, any plane that uses the generic mini panel will use the Baron ASI, which goes up to about 240 knots.

If you want to change a plane with a custom mini panel, we would need to know which one.

Likewise, if there is another ASI you would like to use, we would need to know which one.

Hope this helps.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived