I've lost my water textures

vry

I now have no water in oceans and lakes in fsx. I've had this happen before, and was helped on this great forum. I was instructed to replace the corrupted texture.cfg file. This immediately fixed the problem. However, this time it does not work. Any help would be much appreciated.

BTW: after 2 months of fiddling, I've finally combined a nice ATR 72-500 with a workable and attractive 2D panel.

Aircraft: ATR42-500 by Michael Pook

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=ATR+42&x=0&y=0

Also working is the ATR 72-500 Danish Air Transport by Francisco Sánchez-Castañer

Panel: Jetstream31/32 panel for FSX v1.0

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/10104/fsx-british-aerospace-jetstream-31/

Also, the EMB 120 panel will work well.

I am posting this because I like the ATR for small remote airports.

Sorry. I was not able to find these on this website. Also: I am told that some panels may not work specifically on your computer. I am using Windows 8.1

ATR 72-500 FLIGHT1 is great payware, but it is an extremely complex sim.

Cheers

No; I only have Orbx and Megascenery.

The error suddenly occurred on an otherwise reasonable computer.

But, my scenery file is slightly corrupted, with fsx reporting missing scenery, not corresponding to my scenery.cfg (very strange).

Thanks

...my scenery file is slightly corrupted, with fsx reporting missing scenery, not corresponding to my scenery.cfg (very strange).

This indicates you are looking at the wrong scenery.cfg.

You will probably find at least three copies on your computer, the only one that FSX uses is in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thanks for this hint. I have done this, & the computer is much faster. It does however seem that I have to re-install some or all of my Orbx scenery.

Finally: beware: Orbx always allows itself to spy on your G-Mail. Merely get in to GMail preferences, and uncheck this.

Archived