dcrose42

Don't know if I'm onto the exact problem, but.....after I let my grandkids use my flt.sim. their fave aircraft was the 300s Aerobatic plane. They had a great time, pulling back and diving/releasing the CH Products FlightSim Yoke. I don't know if by gripping the left side of yoke hard, where the trim toggle switch is or if the Yoke is completely out of calibration or stuck in some aberrant setting from gripping the yoke flying 300S. I have calibrated the yoke many times to satisfaction, but not after they flew the 300s so vigorously. Now when I try to fly, in say, the C172, when I rotate taking off I barely clear trees end of runway and at that I will gain altitude for only a few 100ft. then dip down and back up....experiencing a gradual pitch and yaw. I just had a new video card installed and new hard drive thinking the computer needed to be upgraded; it's not old! It's just in need of some new innards.

My main problem is not gaining normal altitude and not being able to trim the aircraft when wanting to fly level after reaching assigned alt. Before the aerobatic fiasco, everything worked fine. I just paid my guy a bundle to install all new hardware and when he left and I turned on FSX , take off in the C170 was slow-slow altitude gain and the gradual pitch/roll was still there and when I take my hands off the CH Yoke the plane will dive to a certain point then slowly come back up; but I don't have control at all. Whaaaat? Maybe it'll take just a little tweak? Maybe I should buy a new CH Yoke, I am using W-7HomePremium on the PC FSX is installed in. Help! BTW, I have FSX prog. on a separate computer from my PC I use every day, simply for this reason. Thanks for your help.

Di

..after I let my grandkids use my flt.sim. their fave aircraft was the 300s Aerobatic plane. They had a great time, pulling back and diving/releasing the CH Products FlightSim Yoke..

Ah kids, the last time my sister visited with her toddler daughter, the kid pounded on my keyboard as if it was a piano and must have messed up the registry and I had to pay the shop £177 to fix it!

If I were you I'd disable the yoke trim buttons and try the default keyboard trim keys to see if they work properly. If they do you'll know it's a yoke issue and can take it from there.

PS- bear in mind trim sensitivity varies from aircraft to aircraft

Is it possible the kid saved a flight as default with the ALT HOLD on? Or maybe the autopilot ON, something like that? Do you have problems turning, rolling, yawing, anything else?

You might try making certain your default flight is the FSX default, like the Aeroworks Ultralight above Friday Harbor. You could make a flight up with that set up, then save it as the default flight, or, if you can edit Notepad files, get into the FSX.CFG file, and just delete the line that reads SITUATION= under the Heading [uSERINTERFACE].

Failing the desire to do that, you can simply make a copy of your FSX.CFG file as a backup, then deleting the file entirely, and letting FSX create a new one, which it does automatically.

Is there the possibility they got in and change the settings of the Yoke it's self? I have NO idea how the SAITEK stuff works, but is there a setting config file for it of some kind? If so, can you restore the default settings by replacing the settings file from a backup someplace? Or, If you have a payware version of FSUIPC, is there a chance it is interfering with the yoke settings? I know the payware version can adjust the way a joystick/yoke operates, although I am not very familiar with it, as I have only ever had the freeware version.

I am just trying to think of as many different possibilities as I can, here...

Maybe one of them might give you an idea of where to look, anyway.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

There is a key for `center elevator and rudder trim`. I'd use it.

Then use the `synchronise controllers` button before every flight: Keypad `5` with numlock OFF

In 1-2 seconds you can eliminate trim from the equation. Because the issue isn't trim related.

First thing to check is that the calibration for the controller hasn't been molested. I've detailed in the past how to use the VC to check you have a full=full calibration check. And seeing as how the climb rate is so anemic the first controller calibration to check is the throttle.

My old CHproducts yoke has a trim wheel to zero the shafts fore / aft centre point. When my grandkids play they always muck about with the thumbwheel screwing up the trim.

If I am stating the obvious, I apologise, if not, I hope it is a solution.

Gordon

Archived