Getting FSX ATC to recognize non-default airline names

Cessna813

Can anybody direct me to posts concerning how to get my non-default repaints to be recognized by ATC? I have been making repaints for FSX default aircraft, and have had no trouble getting the B737-800 repaints being called by their airline names. IDK, maybe that was a happy mistake... On the CRJ700, however, all I can get is "Bombardier". However, I can plug any name into a default aircraft, such as "Orbit", and FSX will speak it. What step am I missing here?

In the aicraft.cfg under the [fltsim.xx] of the new repaint, does

ATC_Airline= and

UI_Variation= have the same name in them?

Also are you using Editvoicepack for your airline call-signs? Is the airline name in the airlines.cfg in your main FSX folder

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thank you for your reply. The answer to all your inquiries is yes. Again, no issues with the B737-800 paints, and can go into the CRJ700 .cfg & change the airline name with success (i.e. change "Orbit" to "Ozark") and ATC will speak it. But when I place the new CRJ700 paint at an airport & initiate ATC communication, the callsign ccomes out as "Bombardier". I cannot figure why it works for one model, but not another, even for others within the same .cfg file.

Archived