FS9 not working correctly after reinstalling it.

dmb06851

Everything was OK until recently. It was updated to version 9.1 and the no_cd fix applied.

When I select a simple aircraft, the Cessna 172 for example, the mixture control on my CH yoke has no effect. The prop pitch control which should be dead yaws the aircraft to the left when pushed forward.

I uninstalled additional scenery with no effect. So, out of desperation, I uninstalled FS9 completely and started again.

It's updated to v9.1 and I applied the no-cd fix.

This has made no difference. The mixture control doesn't work and the prop control yaws the aircraft.

What on earth is happening?

Equal rights for equal responsibilities.

Equal opportunities for equal abilities.

Check key assignments.

If you are using FSuipc, there might be key assignment conflicts as well.

Nothing to do with add-on scenery at all.

Regards,

Robin

Hello

I believe there is an option to re-set assignments to the default settings.

I have done this myself in the past when I similar problems to the OP.

I get so little trouble with fs9 these days that I can't remember exactly what I did do under these circumstances.

I seem to remember that when re setting the assignments to the default option ,although it fixed my joystick problems I did have to restore manually all my custom settings.

I believe there is a more efficient way of achieving the same result ,it may involve saving your original fs9 cfg or suchlike (someone sure to help here)

I found that if I DID have to manually restore my custom joy stick settings it was no big deal however.

Apologies if iI have not been very clear on this.

I may be completely barking up the wrong tree , but just trying to help.

Cheers Andy

Thank you to you all. I have narrowed it down to CH Control Manager.

The only thing I originally used it for was to introduce less sensitivity either side of the rest position of the pedals (I had removed the nasty detent as described elsewhere). I hadn't added the yoke to Control Manager. That worked fine.

The problem noted started after I added the yoke to the manager - I should have realised this sooner :o.

I have yet to remove it and check that it resolves the problem.

I shall report ......

Uninstalling Control Manager removes the problem.

However, there is, at least for me, some uncertainty regarding whether only the pedals should be connected before reinstallation, or both pedals and yoke - I don't anticipate using control manager for the latter.

Ghost's Dummies' Guide doesn't say anything about Windows 8.1.

I have, again, uninstalled Control Manager and tried again to simply reduce the pedals' sensitivity around the rest position.

I don't seem to be able to do it now. This is so frustrating.

The following instructions for modifying pedals sensitivity are from a forum entry; don't remember which forum:

Go into your program files and select the Ch folder, then double click the "CHCtlMgr.exe" file, you are now at the place where you test/calibrate your gear.

If you look at the top menu bar you will see all the icons for adjustment, select the one that says "test/calibrate" (left of center, looks like a square gun sight).

You should see another screen that now says "select the device to calibrate" at the top, and cancel/okay at the bottom, click on okay,

There are now two options on this screen, one tab is for "Test/Calibrate" and the other says "Axis settings", THIS is where the goodies are , click on the Axis tab and you will see six boxes of adjustments, don't worry it's real easy to get what you want.

Look at the top right box for the Z axis, if like me, you prob had a "default line" that goes diagonaly through the adjustment box from bottom left hand corner up to the top right corner, well that means your rudder will respond like a new razor, (I know it's wicked), well all you have to do is adjust the "line" by clicking the "bottom arrow" tab at the right hand side of the GAIN box.

You will see that the "line' changes to a curve, that's what you want, personal preference is key here but I found that only 2 or 3 clicks on that arrow is enough to give a "real rudder feeling", if you look at the curve you are making it is putting a "flat spot" in the center of the curve, the "flat corresponds to the travel, (feeling of control I say), I would suggest NOT adjusting the the individual sensitivity or dead zone boxes below the curve graph.

The reason not to touch these IMO, is because you want a quick/instant responsive rudder with full sensitivity and absolutely no delay but with lots of control and feeling,(like real flying), trust me, try it and learn to control like that because you need your feet for aiming your gun sight/torque/gyro compensation and not just for co-ordinated turns, slips/skids and taxiing.

When done adjusting the curve hit apply and you are done.

The Z axis gain box mentioned above doesn't respond to clicking on either of its arrows.

Am I missing something?

I used to use CH yoke and pedals. My advice is to uninstall the CH software; buy yourself a FSUIPC registration from simmarket; download the latest FSUIPC module from here http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and calibrate and assign everything through FSUIPC.

Not only will you have greater control over things like null zones and slopes (graduated output), but you will be able to use a different set up for each aircraft type you use.

I agree 100%!! I have never had much success with the CH Manager. FSuipc IS simply the best add-on EVER & is pretty much essential to simming.

Have a look at the free version. Granted, it does not allow any calibration or assignments, but it has the full Readme's so you can see what this amazing piece of software does.

Oh, I'm using it with my CH yoke & pedals in FS9 & P3D/FSX.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Thank you again gentlemen for the more recent entries.

I don't particularly want to but a licence for FSUIPC. I obtained the results I wanted with Control Manager, but haven't managed to get it working like that again.

All I want to do is reduce the pedals' sensitivity around the default (centre) position. I did this by clicking on the down arrow in the axis window (Z axis).

I have done this again and still get the results I mentioned earlier - the mixture control doesn't work, and the prop control yaws the aircraft. (This is in the Meigs Field flight to keep the aircraft simple.)

To try to get an idea of what FSUIPC could do for me, I downloaded it. I can't see where/how I can open it.

But that's really academic, I don't want to pay for that if I can do what I did before with Control Manager without paying anything.

Can anyone tell me how I can achieve the desired result again with Control Manager?

The Meigs Field flight? This is the FS2004 forum, if you are using FS2002 you should search or ask in the FS2002 forum or the PC Hardware forum.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I finally got the results I want again.

I reset defaults in the simulator Assignments window, and just adjusted the pedals' curve in Control Manager.

Archived