Stop FSX auto-muting when minimized

Dholton3

Hello all,

I'd just like to say that I've created an account here solely for the ability to pose this question to the rest of the FSX community, so I'm hoping you all may have a solution for me. This issue has been brought up several times in the forums over the years, yet I can't seem to find a solution.

My problem is that every time I minimize FSX when tabbing between applications, the sound cuts out. I have disabled the "pause on task switch" option, so the flight doesn't stop when I switch between applications, but the sound stops, which is considerably annoying. I have found solutions with SoundStream and FSSIMtimizer, however SoundStream is not yet compaitable with the Steam edition of FSX yet (the version I own), and FSSIMtimizer keeps cutting out the sound every time I tab to another application. I really just want to be able to put the plane in cruise and surf the Internet/be able to do homework w/o risking my flight plan being cancelled by ATC since I'm not listening to them (plus, I kind of like the cabin noise of the 737).

Can anyone help me??

The ideal 'method' to achieve what you are looking for is to have the sim run on a desktop and then get a laptop for surfing the web while the sim is running. Good luck.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I really just want to be able to put the plane in cruise and surf the Internet/be able to do homework w/o risking my flight plan being cancelled by ATC since I'm not listening to them...

Easily done. When you get handed off to the next controller, accept the hand off and do not contact the next controller.

You can then fly for as long as you want without talking to ATC and not losing your clearance.

When you are ready to talk to ATC, you will be given the current controller. They will give you a few odd instructions at first. Ignore them until ATC catches up.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Easily done. When you get handed off to the next controller, accept the hand off and do not contact the next controller.

You can then fly for as long as you want without talking to ATC and not losing your clearance.

When you are ready to talk to ATC, you will be given the current controller. They will give you a few odd instructions at first. Ignore them until ATC catches up.

peace,

the Bean

Well said! I've done the same thing for years when wanting to fly an IFR flight plan but not being told every couple of minutes to change my course by 5*-10* when already flying on GPS NAV anyway.

I just accept the change. Then I wait till I'm ready to interact with ATC again. I call them then and we're soon back on the same page.

BTW: Since you've already set up your account. You'll probably be happy if you come back and look at the other postings every once and awhile. You'll be shocked how much you learn just by reading postings from others!! I sure was!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived