go an error looking to fix.

CessnaFlyer

Hi CessnaFlyer,

The error .dll is a system file and not a native FSX file - you will find 2 copies of the file - one in C:\Windows\System32 (the 32-bit version) and one in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 (the 64-bit version. Problems with this .dll could also point to a DX issue, especially if you have recently installed some new software.

First I would suggest running the System File Check (SFC) utility. SFC can be used to scan the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible, either from the restore partition or via the internet.

WARNING If you have modified your system files (including Windows DLL files) running sfc may, if errors are found, revert the some of the system files back to the default state and thus may impact on any other apps/programmes you have installed. In my experience most of the time the affected programme takes longer to open as it has to re-write information to the appropriate .dll file. In rare cases it may result in having to re-install the affected software (although I have never had to do this myself). I strongly recommend you backup any important data before hand and run the verify only option first to see what problems, if any, you have.

To run SFC go to Start > Run, type CMD and then click OK.

The resulting window should show an entry similair to this - C:\Users\youracctname>

Type cd\ and hit enter - this will take you back to the C:\ prompt

To start SFC type one of the command lines listed below and hit enter

If you just want to verify only type sfc /verifyonly (note the space between sfc and "/") - using this option no changes will be made if errors are found and when it has finished it will display a list of any errors found.

If you want to find and repair errors type sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/") - using this option the program will automatically attempt to repair any errors found. At the end of the process one of the following messages will be displayed:

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and repaired them.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some (or all) of them.

Note: The process can take a long while to run and may seem to have stalled - it hasn't just wait until you get the message stated above. If is also worth noteing that you may have to run the utiltiy several times to fix all the problems. If the first run found multiple problems and states that it was unable to fix some of them, rerun SFC again. This is because one of the un-repaired problem file probably relies on one of the now fixed files to run correctly.

If SFC still fails to repair all issues you can try the following utility which can be downloaded from http://thetechcookbook.com/automatic...ir-sfcfix-exe/

Another option would be to visit the MS website and manually download and install the latest version of the .dll.

Regards

Brian

well I did need to update direct x as I added a new A2A airplane. and drive booster said I needed some sound card drivers that needed updated. after doing that I launched FSX and closed it and launched it again and closed it and did not receive the error. so it has been fixed.
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

Archived