Team sdb Wattisham & Orbyx England

Captain Vodka

just purchased the wattisham scenery from team sdb but notice some of scenery with Orbx England scenery is still appearing

I have put the SDb Wattisham ( phantom era) at the top of the scenery priority list as required but still getting the orbx scenery appearing and clashing . . buildings in guildings and HAS with HAS etc

see pics below

wattisham sdb 1.jpgwattisham sdb 2.jpgwattisham sdb 3.jpgwattisham sdb 4.jpgwattisham sdb 5.jpg

any ideas ?

I'd start off with unchecking the Orbx scenery for that area in the Scenery Library. What does that do/or not? By just unchecking ORBX, you don't risk losing it and that should show you whether the new scenery is actually different.
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

yep. .the scenery is definitely an orbx conflict. .? if I turn off the scenery in orbx library then I'm at default fsx scenery. that doesn't solve the issue ut just skirts around it

ORBX is not to blame. If it were when you turned it off, you'd have the new scenery, not the default.

My guess is either your new scenery wasn't installed correctly or is faulty. OrBX works, default works, it's only the new scenery that doesn't work. I'd start by completely removing my new scenery and reinstalling it. I'm guessing 90% a bad install is your problem.

BTW: I went to Wattisham with the ORBX scenery and it looks just like your screenshots. Your ORBX is fine.

After reviewing the glowing heat forum further, I'm not the only one / previous one with such issues with scenery rendering within scenery with Orbx England.

Unless I find a work round with the wattisham scenery working alongside orbx england , and no way am i removing that back to default fsx! it May look like SDb's products might have to be side lined for me.

After reviewing the glowing heat forum further, I'm not the only one / previous one with such issues with scenery rendering within scenery with Orbx England.

Unless I find a work round with the wattisham scenery working alongside orbx england , and no way am i removing that back to default fsx! it May look like SDb's products might have to be side lined for me.

Frankly I've never heard of sDB before. I just went to both the sites you provided links to & I'm not at all impressed with the response you got from SDB. They certainly should have been more upfront with compatibility issues, especially since ORBX is so widely used.

Were I you, I'd write SDB off as a vender to avoid & revert back to ORBX. BTW: I have the latest Scotflight for ORBX and love it. I know it's not the area you tried to improve but it might be one you would consider.

What do the Team SDB and OrbX people say? Look for their contact addresses in the manuals and readmes.

Also ask the vendors for good measure, they're the ones who've got your money..;)

Scatterbrain,

Have you any experience with Team SDB? I was just looking at their site and they some interesting looking listings. But if they don't work with ORBX I have no use for their product.

I have their binbrook fsx lightnings installed. .same problem as wattisham I've just noticed.I purchased the USS enterprise fsx model a couple of weeks ago but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. But land based/classed airbases might have an inherent issue with orbx products. Cannot say if that issue is with regional England only or overall with vector / global. Simples for me. .no SDB! No way I'm going to run default fsx scenery over orbx!

Just to note. All the ACG airfields I have, duxford, bentwaters woodbridge. . all work fine within orbx. as does Marham and Waddington.

Archived