Instrument Window size

cwhowell2

I am trying to add a consistently sized GPS to all my aircraft, however, even though the code is identical, the results are often different sizes. What am I doing wrong? Thanks - Bill

//--------------------------------------------------------

[Window02]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=275,172

position=2

visible=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_295, 0,0,275,172

both.jpg

The size of [Window00] has something to do with the size of all other [WindowXX] entries. Not any of the [VCockpitXX] entries, however.

To quote the ESP SDK for panels:

If window_size is not specified, the size of the window on screen will be size_mm divided by the size_mm for the first window specified in the panel.cfg.

To get the GPS's to all be the same size, you would need to either make [Window00] always the same size, or specify the pop-up's window_size= to make it the "right" size.

Does all that make any sense at all? About as clear as mud...

Pat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Pat is correct, pop-up Window size is controlled by the size of [Window00].

To work around this you want to use...

window_size=1.0,1.0

The values are the percentage of the screen in width, height.

So 1.0,1.0 would be 100% of the width and height. 0.5,0.5 would be half of the width and height.

The problem with changing all of your panels to the same size for [Window00] would be you have to change all of the gauge locations also, and all of the pop ups.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

The problem with changing all of your panels to the same size for [Window00] would be you have to change all of the gauge locations also, and all of the pop ups.

Fiddle-dee-dee! Details, details. Pfffft

:D :D

Kidding, of course. Thank you Bean! Your depth of knowledge always impresses. Me if no one else :)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Better IMHO to do the math:

545/1920=0.284

354/1080=0.328

(because gps_295_background.bmp is 545px x 354px)

...so if you want the gps to show up at it's native resolution and proportions running 1920x1080 screen resolution you'd need:

[Window02]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=275,172

position=2

window_size= 0.284, 0.328

visible=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

Better IMHO to do the math:

545/1920=0.284

354/1080=0.328

(because gps_295_background.bmp is 545px x 354px)

...so if you want the gps to show up at it's native resolution and proportions running 1920x1080 screen resolution you'd need:

[Window02]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=275,172

position=2

window_size= 0.284, 0.328

visible=0

ident=GPS_PANEL

For that to work you need to...

...delete the ,275,172...

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_295, 0,0

window_size= dictates the size of the Window, not the gauges in the Window.

Removing the sizing values will allow the gauge to show at it's native size.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

No matter what size the GPS shows up as, it is fully re-sizeable and can be moved with left mouse button to where ever you want to place it. Save a flight and the GPS position and size will be saved and on re-load it will be the way you want it. Why fight it.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

That's incorrect, window_size= overrides everything else so if the GPS was filling the full window at 275,172 it will still fill the full window when the window has been contorted back to native size and proportions by window_size=. Try it.

I stand corrected and bow to the master.

Never argue with idiots.

• 7 months later...

Newbie here. Not sure if this is the right thread for my question but here goes:

During flight, my view does not fill the screen from left to right. Rather, the view is centered with blank spaces on either side.

Is there a way to adjust the width of the view so that it fills the entire screen?

Newbie here. Not sure if this is the right thread for my question but here goes:

During flight, my view does not fill the screen from left to right. Rather, the view is centered with blank spaces on either side.

Is there a way to adjust the width of the view so that it fills the entire screen?

When you say "your view" are you using the 2D panel view? Are you in full screen mode? Can you click an the edges and stretch it out?

What are your display settings for monitor resolution and does your FSX resolution Match?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived