Stuck with one livery

Guest htarcan

Guest htarcan

Hi, I'm quite new with FSX so I'm not even sure if this is a bug or my fault.

When I select a plane, I go to the details and change airline call sign (this will change the livery right?)

but nothing changes. It is always the blue Boeing livery. I tried downloading a new livery and installed it as described (copied the folder into 737-800 folder and added the code aircraft.cfg after the other liveries and changed the x to a number) it didn't even show in the list.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi, I'm quite new with FSX so I'm not even sure if this is a bug or my fault.

When I select a plane, I go to the details and change airline call sign (this will change the livery right?)

but nothing changes. It is always the blue Boeing livery. I tried downloading a new livery and installed it as described (copied the folder into 737-800 folder and added the code aircraft.cfg after the other liveries and changed the x to a number) it didn't even show in the list.

Am I doing something wrong?

If you added the new livery, as you described and it does not show, make sure that your aircraft select page has all of the correct accouterments checked. Changing a callsign does not change the livery.

select page.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Guest htarcan

This was very helpful. I can see and select the other liveries now. Thanks.

As for the livery I downloaded, I learned that it needs iFly 737 to work. So many things to learn at once.

Thanks for the help!

This was very helpful. I can see and select the other liveries now. Thanks.

As for the livery I downloaded, I learned that it needs iFly 737 to work. So many things to learn at once.

Thanks for the help!

You're welcome! Glad to be able to offer assistance.:D Don't hesitate to ask questions if something doesn't go the way you think it should. There's always plenty of help here.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

..As for the livery I downloaded, I learned that it needs iFly 737 to work..

Yes we've all done it by accident at one time or another, we've downloaded what we thought was a full aircraft, only to find out that we needed to have something else installed too..:)

All flight sim websites are different, but here's how to find full flyable aircraft here at FlightSim.com-

For example suppose I want a full Spitfire, I select File Library> Advanced search-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-file1_zpsdtqfysgd.jpg~original

Below- Do the three circled boxes, including typing the word 'spitfire'.

Note that ticking the "Complete aircraft' box is very important, then click "Start search" at the foot of the page-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-files2_zpsqt3fvlvf.jpg~original

Below-Jolly good show old chap! A bunch of Spits comes up and you can choose one to download and go up to have a crack at jerry..:)

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-files3_zpsqvo7fxhr.jpg~original

(TIP- if you want to widen your search to take in all the sim sites in internetland, simply type 'fsx spitfire' into your google search box, but always remember to keep double-checking that you're downloading the full aircraft, as some sites don't make it clear and you have to read the small print in each plane's description to find out.

Also, even though you've googled 'fsx spitfire', some FS9/FS2004 planes might creep in, so doublecheck there too.

However, some FS9/FS2004 planes will work in FSX, so try them too if you like.

One last thing- if you download a plane but don't like it for any reason, simply delete it and keep trying another and another til you find one you like, I do it all the time)

Archived