Steam Edition Add Ons

mrirnbru

Now THERE is an open ended question!

I've installed a ton of add-ons. Do you mean scenery, aircraft, gauges...??

My absolute favorites are the FSDT FSX BA F/A18-C v15.6, AICarriers.NET, vLSO, and the Coupeville FCLP scenery. There are a number of scenery library add-ons, a Minipanel that totally rocks (minipanel v3 for FSX).

All that is just scratching the surface, and I only use freeware, beiing a VERY frugal soul.

Nowadays, I have to leave the F/A-18 (for a while) to participate in the Round The World Race, so I have added what Race planes are available for FSX. The Mario Noriega Piaggio P.180, the Milton Shupe F-8F, Howard 500, and so on.

I have added a Hi-Def moon texture, and some Constellations, which draws lines through the constellations to make them easier to see.

I have added NavAid updates...

The list goes on and on.

Could you narrow the question a little? As a general rule, most add-ons that will work in FSX will work in SE also. The trouble arises in the autoinstallers not being able to find the sim, as Steam buries it much deeper in it's directory structure. I don't trust autoinstallers anyway, and ALWAYS point them at a temp folder and install the stuff manually.

Does any of that help at all?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. I was really after the add ons that steam have on their site, but if most fsx add ons will work with steam then that's a big help.

It will probably be freeware for the time being. Mainly looking for things that will make the game a bit more sharp (weather, traffic, scenery etc).

Perhaps I should have been a bit more specific. I was really after the add ons that steam have on their site, but if most fsx add ons will work with steam then that's a big help.

It will probably be freeware for the time being. Mainly looking for things that will make the game a bit more sharp (weather, traffic, scenery etc).

Check the file library at the top of the Forum Home Page. Tons of freeware stuff there in pretty much any category you might wish. However, I do suggest if you're going to download much you go ahead and become a 1st class member. Download time is much faster & you're supporting the forum you're getting use out of.:cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Think I'll need to book a week off work to look through all the files in the library. It's enormous. Still looks like there's a lot of quality downloads in there.

I've got a birthday coming up soon so might have to go for the membership. That way I can download away to my hearts content, guilt free.

• 6 months later...
This is my question too. I have several add-ons on my Steam Version. None, zero, zip, nechivo, nada add-ons will load and/or work. I bought one of their add-ons (Piper twin) and it works after a fashion. Only about 1/2 of the features work because the rest are not there. Ergo, do not buy their add-ons. There has to be something in the config file that tells Steam it is ok to load an airplane. I want to know what that is.

• 2 years later...

Archived