ATC problem

johnrgby

I appear not to be able to contact tower at any airport, on IFR flights ATC works perfectly until the instruction contact tower, the frequency changes correctly, but when I press contact tower it switches and gives me 2 options contact ground or contact ATS?

I appear not to be able to contact tower at any airport, on IFR flights ATC works perfectly until the instruction contact tower, the frequency changes correctly, but when I press contact tower it switches and gives me 2 options contact ground or contact ATS?

Almost sounds like you are not close enough to the runway hold short position.

I will add some more to this. Once you get you taxi clearance from the gate to the runway, ATC will give you the tower freq. That way you can still have Comm1 tuned to Ground Control while you taxi to the runway and monitor Tower on Comm2. That way Ground can contact you if there is traffic on the taxiways.

Switch Comm1 over to tower freq. when at the Hold Sort position of your runway and then ask for takeoff permission.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

This has happened to me before. When I fly I always save the last flight and pick up from there. But I've discovered that after so many saves that you picked up from your last airport things go haywire so to speak. So I just started fresh at the last saved airport instead of loading my save file and ATC worked again.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your help guys, I have finally sorted it, I had the try before you buy version of Heathrow by UK 2000 which I had intended to purchase, but as i deleted it as a lst resort it solved the problem, I then installed the free version problem returned, so obviously deleted again

Archived