FSX steam

johnyyz

I tried to reinstall FSX deluxe on a new SSD and apparrantly i reached my install limit. I called microsoft and was told they no longer give activation code anymore. I am contemplating buying FSXsteam ..... since FSX is not available in stores anymore.

Will my addons like GSX, iFly, AMS MMUN and tropicalsim UTX, work on this version ?

Thanks

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

. I called Microsoft and was told they no longer give activation code anymore.

You called the "Automated" toll-free number (appropriate for your area) in the phone activation file inside of FSX?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I don't know if your addons will work with FSX:Steam Edition (FSX:SE) but if I were you I'd think about uninstalling your old FSX: Deluxe anyway and buying FSX:SE to give yourself a fresh clean slate.

FSX:SE is the very latest edition with some modern tweaks and includes FSX:Gold and FSX Acceleration, both of which were released after Deluxe, so your Deluxe is really showing its age now.

I currently play FSX Gold from 7-year-old motheaten disks, but if ever they give up the ghost I'll buy FSX:SE without hesitation..:)

I tried to reinstall FSX deluxe on a new SSD and apparrantly i reached my install limit. I called microsoft and was told they no longer give activation code anymore. I am contemplating buying FSXsteam ..... since FSX is not available in stores anymore.

Will my addons like GSX, iFly, AMS MMUN and tropicalsim UTX, work on this version ?

Thanks

OK, I thought the 'limit' of installs was debunked? It is true? What is the number? I have approximately a dozen or more reinstalls off my 4 DVD set.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 PNY GeForce GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video

Gigabit Z97 Gaming 3 LGA 1150 ATX Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600

SanDisk 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State

standard=1disk

deluxe=2disks

accel=1 disk (can be installed on top of standard, or on top of deluxe.)

gold=deluxe+accel=3disks

4 disks ?

FSX Standard Edition= 2 Discs....at least I counted 2 the last time I used 'em.

You called the "Automated" toll-free number (appropriate for your area) in the phone activation file inside of FSX?

Ya i called microsoft and they don't give the activation code anymore (they don't support it)

Nice customer service eh ?

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

FSX Standard Edition= 2 Discs....at least I counted 2 the last time I used 'em.

Yeah, sorry. Not sure about standard.

First saw 1 disk, then thought two.

Now found add saying 4 disks.:confused:

This implies heavily you are right, 2 disks.

http://www.gripbid.com/products/video-games/used-microsoft-flight-simulator-x-standard-pc-dvd#.VqUbvWf2Z1s

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am contemplating buying FSXsteam ..... since FSX is not available in stores anymore.

Thanks

As far as I know, they all shoud work fine in FSX-SE.

The trouble usually arises when utilizing their autoinstallers. Steam tends to bury the Sim much deeper in their directory tree than Microsoft does (did?), and a lot of auto installers have trouble finding it.

I, personally, and again, this is just me, but I don't trust autoinstallers. I ALWAYS point them at an empty "Temp" folder somewhere, then copy-n-paste into the Sim myself. It just seems to me, for MY uses, to be a much safer and surer method. It also obviates the problem of finding the Sim in whatever directory tree it may be placed in.

Don't forget, when/if you install FSX-SE you will also need to re-install the add-on's you mentioned into the Steam version. You can't just copy them over. And if they use an autoinstaller...well, see above ;)

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

There is NO activation limit. See this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/927007 and call this number (Canada Toll Free) 1-866-740-1256.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Ya i called microsoft and they don't give the activation code anymore (they don't support it)

Nice customer service eh ?

If you talked to a human, then you called the wrong number. The activation code is the product key inside your box.

Nice customer service eh?

They also don't support Win XP anymore either. There is no such thing as lifetime support. As I previously stated, call the automated support number. Yes, there are activation limits that get re-set every 6 months.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

YES, sorry. It's been awhile since I did an install. 2 DVD plus Acceleration DVD.

Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz LGA 1150 PNY GeForce GTX 780 3072MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video

Gigabit Z97 Gaming 3 LGA 1150 ATX Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3-1600

SanDisk 128GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State

Archived