Scenery ( FSE)

cregwalker

FSE is a product that is no longer available.

It was used to enhance scenery with things like sounds and animated objects.

Most scenery addons that say they require FSE will still work in the sim, without the added features.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

FSX Steam Edition, normally abbreviated FSX-SE. There are some differences but mainly just the FSX.CFG file. The basic core code of the Sim is the same for both.

As a general rule of thumb, if it will run on FSX, it will run on SE. And vice versa. The usual trouble arises with autoinstallers, because Steam hides the Sim much deeper in their directory tree than what's commonly known as the Boxed version of FSX. Thus, autoinstallers have problems finding it sometimes.

Personally, I don't trust autoinstallers anyway. I always point them to an empty Temp folder someplace and have them install to there, then put the files and folders where they need to go myself. This is just me personally now. You do things the way you know how to, and the way that works best for you.

Does this answer your questions?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

"FSX Steam Edition, normally abbreviated FSX-SE."

Phantom, you young 'uns won't remember this, it goes WAY back! It's the Lago FS Enhancer 2004, a scenery object placement program which also included environmental sound effects, brilliant! You need the original program to hear the sound effects, but the scenery itself will install perfectly without it.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

FSE is a product that is no longer available.

It was used to enhance scenery with things like sounds and animated objects.

Most scenery addons that say they require FSE will still work in the sim, without the added features.

peace,

the Bean

Weird thing is... with a couple old FS 9 Scenery Packs that use FSE, the Sounds still play!

Birds, the sound of Waves splashing against the Floats...

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Fse was the sound my graphics card made as it went belly up.

Off topic, (please excuse) but..

Do you remember that Pacman game & the sounds therefrom?

Now you can experience that sound again for free, no download needed!!

Just stick your finger (smallest works best) into your ear, & wiggle it!

There you are, actual Pacman sound!

I kid you not! Try it!

(I can just picture 30 odd forum users with their fingers in their ears :-)

Back to topic.....

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

THE NATURAL WORLD 2016

Still on the subject of scenery. The Natural World 2016 is now starting to sport very dense autogen formatting. Due to its complexity it looks it looks like for the foreseeable future it will only be avalible with TNW Scenery. It is going to be a long haul re doing most ground texture not only in FS but also in my Semi Arid and Arid Area Programs. Worth keeping your eyes on.

Tree Vid Link:

Sorry I can only give support to THW users only

TNW Autogen Trees (1).jpgTNW Autogen Trees (2).jpg

Archived