KORS with ORBX has troughs

Rupert

I have ORBX Global, the appropriate OTBX region & added the Orbx add on for KORS (Orca 1). This is the first issue I've ever had with any ORBX scenery. The runways and taxiways are higher than most of the scenery. See below: I hope someone has a cure the ORBX support site is worse than useless on specific scenery issues.

kors2.jpg

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I've seen that a few times with Global and Vector, but have been able to fix them

using the Vector airport elevation correction tool. But.. I guess you don't have that

option if you are not running Vector, unless maybe that region scenery has an elevation

tool. I don't have any of the region scenery. Just Global, Vector and all the free airports.

Global is irrelevant. Assuming you have no other mesh products installed the usual fix for this kind of elevation issue is to cycle FTX Central to default and then back to NA. You don't mention if it ever worked. Orca's is an old product and works fine for most people, so it may not have installed properly.

MarkH

C0TtlQd.jpg

Do you have an "ADE_FTX_PNW_KORS_elevation_adjustment.BGL" in Scenery\World\Scenery? ...and what is the date modified? (should be Nov 2010 or later I think)

Make sure it's "...elevation_adjustment.BGL" and not "...elevation_adjustment.BGL.OFF". Make sure you don't have both in that folder.

Have you tried just cycling FTX Central to Global and back to NA BTW? That may be all that's needed.

OK, limited success. After going to Default then back to North America the troughs disappear about 500'AGL. Lower than that, they're still there.

And no, until recently I haven't had this issue. From what I can tell, it's only with KORS. TBTG! And they do really exist in the sim. You can taxi right into them and crash to the bottom.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived