Questions about P3D

johnyyz

I am currently running windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

1. I was planning on setting up P3D on a separate SSD from FSX so if I don't like it I won't corrupt my FSX ( I assume I can do this ?)

2. Can I run P3D in windows 7 64 bit

3. Must I get the professional license or would the academic license do fine ?

Thanks to all responses

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

The license is for you and you alone to decide. Moderators strongly discourage that discussion.

But you can run P3D on the same partition as FSX or different, your choice, and in Win 10 or Win 7 -- again, your choice. Any of those options should work fine, since P3D and FSX are completely separate from each other. It's like asking if you can put a browser on one drive and a picture viewer on another. So whatever you decide should work fine.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

The license is for you and you alone to decide. Moderators strongly discourage that discussion.

But you can run P3D on the same partition as FSX or different, your choice, and in Win 10 or Win 7 -- again, your choice. Any of those options should work fine, since P3D and FSX are completely separate from each other. It's like asking if you can put a browser on one drive and a picture viewer on another. So whatever you decide should work fine.

I assume then if I want to install say iFLY B737 that is currently in FSX into P3D then I delete P3D it will still be in FSX ?

Core i7 10700K OC to 4.6 all cores/EVGA 750W G+ PSU/ MSI Z490 edge mobo/GSkill RAM DDR4 32GB(2X16GB) 3600mhz/ ASUS TUF RTX 3080/ Win10 home/ Asus 32 inch monitor 1440p/ CH Flightstick

I assume then if I want to install say iFLY B737 that is currently in FSX into P3D then I delete P3D it will still be in FSX ?

Yes, what's in P3D stays there, and what's in FSX stays there. They're independent of each other. But... IF you want to do so, it's possible to point P3D to the path name of some add-on in FSX and use it without making a copy (many, but not all, can work this way), or vice-versa, so if you've done that, then removing one will affect the other to that extent. But otherwise independence is the word.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived