Newcomer Computer Specs for P3D

FlightSim_Tom

Hello,

Could someone let me know about my specs for P3D. I'm pretty sure its a good system, but need other opinions.

Intel Core i7 Six core processor i7-5930K

ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard

32GB HyperX Fury ram

6GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 980 Ti graphics card

2TB Seagate SSHD

Noctua NH-D15S Ultra Quiet Performance CPU Cooler

Asus Xonar DGX 5.1 Channel Gaming Audio Card

Also, is it worth overclocking the CPU or leave it?

If anyone thinks I need to change anything on my system, I always welcome suggestions.

Thank you for reading this.

Tom

Your system is better than mine, and I've been running P3D very nicely for a while now. You're unlikely to NEED overclocking to get good performance from that system, but I can't tell you what difference, if any, would come from overclocking.

You'll be fine, either way, just don't expect that you can have everything maxed ALL the time, though you'll come much closer to that than I do.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Your system is better than mine, and I've been running P3D very nicely for a while now. You're unlikely to NEED overclocking to get good performance from that system, but I can't tell you what difference, if any, would come from overclocking.

You'll be fine, either way, just don't expect that you can have everything maxed ALL the time, though you'll come much closer to that than I do.

Thank you for replying to me.

What would you recommend to boost performance? I'm not expecting maxed settings all the time, I want to avoid lagging but I do want the simulator to be as realistic as possible.

I did used to fly on FS9, but my old system died.

I will avoid overclocking, I have been doing some research on it, and have decided to avoid it. (For now)

Archived