Invisible AI aircraft

simsjw

Good evening,

I'm having an issue with Ultimate Traffic 2. Specifically, most of the AI traffic is invisible. The traffic is there, but all I can see are the navigational lights and the AI labels. On props, I can also see the propellers spinning. What's really weird is that the CRJ type aircraft are visible. I can see ALL the AC from approx. 1000 - 2000' away, but as I taxi near them, they disappear. Also, if I zoom in on them while in cockpit or outside views, they will disappear. No problems with the CRJ's.

I went to UT2 Support, but they don't know what the problem is.

I just got a new PC w/Win10, 64 bit. I have had UT for years and have never had any problems before with Vista & Win7.

I have FSX Deluxe. Everything else, addon scenery & addon AC work fine. Both FSX SP's are installed.

If anyone has any thoughts what could be causing this, I'd appreciate any input. Thanks.

Is going to Windows 7 an option? You're one of many I've read not at all happy flying with Windows X. That's why I haven't used my "free upgrade." For FSX, X doesn't seem to be an upgrade.
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Is going to Windows 7 an option? You're one of many I've read not at all happy flying with Windows X. That's why I haven't used my "free upgrade." For FSX, X doesn't seem to be an upgrade.

This UT issue is not caused by Win 10. I think the next thing Win 10 is going to be accused of causing is the strange winter weather we've been having. When are some of you going to stop suggesting that every computer problem is somehow caused by Win 10?

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

This UT issue is not caused by Win 10. I think the next thing Win 10 is going to be accused of causing is the strange winter weather we've been having. When are some of you going to stop suggesting that every computer problem is somehow caused by Win 10?

Probably when people quit posting about concerning problems with Win 10 they didn't have with 7. In fact today's posting includes more issues from a user who is disappointed with FSX on Win X compared to Win 7 as well.

Isn't the first rule of trouble shooting asking yourself, when did it work well? And what did I change since it worked well? If, as seems to often be the case the issue first came up after the "update" or installation of Win X, that's the first thing I'd suggest they check.

Yes, many people are quite happy with FSX on X. However many obviously are not. Win 10 isn't a Global Warming issue. But it certainly seems to be a FSX satisfaction issue for many.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

• 7 months later...

Following-up on my post from 12-27-15.

When the "Preview DirectX 10" box is checked, UT AC showup fine, all liveries are visible. However, all freeware AC liveries are now all gray. The AC fly fine, panels are also fine. The FSX default AC liveries are visible.

When the "Preview DirectX 10" box is unchecked, the original problem occurs.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any input.

Archived