JF FREEMIUM 757 Install problem.

Hello

I thought I would give this aircraft a go.

however it will not let me install to a folder of my choice.

I don't want anything to mess up (particularly my gauges folder).

I always like to install to a folder of my choice and then have a look at what I've got.

I am particularly keen as my experiment with x is only three old and want gauges to go into the panel folder.

Anyways any ideas.

if I cant install to my choice then this aircraft will have to go.

PS have tried JF site ,but no joy.

quicker here I think.

cheers Andy

There are some of those types of installlations out there. I tried that aircraft about 2 years ago and my system could not handle it....too slow. It did uninstall completely using the uninstaller.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I am using a special FSX folder for this. I made a copy of the FSX main program folder and then cleaned out all files - only the folder structure remains, and the executables in the root directory. That one I use (by copying and renaming it) for "unclear" installations and can easily determine what was added (and move it manually if I want to). I have an additional tool that generates a full view of the (original) FSX folder with checksums, so I can see if a program altered something that it shouldn't. For this I use a second "sandbox" FSX installation on another computer (actually the same one, but booting into a different system).

There are some of those types of installlations out there. I tried that aircraft about 2 years ago and my system could not handle it....too slow. It did uninstall completely using the uninstaller.

OK!

Thanks Zip.

I will leave it then.

The last thing I want is a polluted gauges folder.

FSX so far has proved just about trouble free for me, I have been using it as my main Sim choice for the last few days .I've had no ctds ,crashes of anything else for that matter .

I just want to be very cautious about what I install and were its going (as much as posible anyway)

FSX is really growing on me it really looks wonderful (no airliner stuff yet) but mainly Fseconomy .

PS

I have even managed to install my old copy of Traffic 2005 into X and now have AI at airports not just sparse levels of default

Hats of to JF for keeping update files that allow T2005 originally for 2 and 4 to be run on X.

Cheers Andy

The JF gauges are specifically labeled and don't impact on any others. I use the entire VC and gauges set for my Ssp 767's. Performance wise its excellent and doesnt impact frame rates at all with my rig.

Its safe enough to install. You can easily find the gauges in the folder and move them to the aircrafts panel folder, if you so chose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The JF gauges are specifically labeled and don't impact on any others. I use the entire VC and gauges set for my Ssp 767's. Performance wise its excellent and doesnt impact frame rates at all with my rig.

Its safe enough to install. You can easily find the gauges in the folder and move them to the aircrafts panel folder, if you so chose.

Thank you Cpt

That's very useful Info, I will now give the 757 a try.

Cheers Andy

Archived