Restore my Dc3

From the discs, the only thing you can do is to run the "Repair" option. What did you mess with on the DC-3?

Now do you see why we recommended making a complete backup of your FSX installation? Exactly for times like these.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Your right Zip.

I've always backed up fs9, but because I've only been using X for a few weeks I hadn't backed backed up yet.

Anyways dc3 panel ! I was attempting to try my fs9 dc3 panel in X when I accidentally pasted it into X before backing up the original.

The default X dc3 does still work OK ,but the panel folder looks a mess all cluttered with 9 stuff.

I have become aware over the weeks I ve been trying X that it is in fact very stable (iam having no ctd ,and I suspect that it's legendary glitchiness maybe caused by people adding stuff not designed for it, hence my desire to get the original dc3 back.

Anyways good to see your back (holidays) no one to answer my many queries.

Cheers Andy

:D

PS as my install is new I may simply rein from scratch.

I have heard that the repair option is not always a good one.

Hello

Its a pity there's not a default FlightSim (all versions )aircraft library (I assume it's not possible for legal reasons)were simmers can download MSFS defaults when they go amerrily tinkering and doth bugger things up.

Cheers Andy

Well, there sort of is a thing like that. It's the install discs. I understand you can open the cabs there-on (I use 7-Zip, but CabPack works very well too. There is a copy of it included in one of the "SuperGuides" published by the famous Mr. "Opa" Marshall) and copy-n-paste what you need back onto you computer's HD. Just overwrite where asked to get back to the default install. Or maybe rename the DC-3's panel folder, then copy the one off the disc onto the HD. Bang, fresh install of that one thing, no?

Just a thought...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived