i would like to try fsx multiplayer

CessnaFlyer

i am reading a book for fsx and am up to chapter 26 in it. and I would like to try connecting with some one on fsx to either try flying with them or being an air traffic controller. I can create a game spy account and give ago who would like to try this with me?
giving up on flight simulation for good:D

i am reading a book for fsx and am up to chapter 26 in it. and I would like to try connecting with some one on fsx to either try flying with them or being an air traffic controller. I can create a game spy account and give ago who would like to try this with me?

Pardon me for asking, but how old is this book? FSX on Gamespy has been shut down in 2012.

But AFAIK there are alternatives, like FSHost or FSOpen.

to be honest I am not sure at the moment. but I could get that information. but I can try one of those programs you suggested and maybe either be a pilot or atc if I can get a few people to try it with me. I have be a pilot on multiplayer but never an atc.

I don't know if you can still connect to a friend directly. But even it you can, you would only be flying with two people, (and no autogen either) so it would be a rather empty world.

But there are well established multiplayer networks where you and your friend can both join up. That way you can fly and see each other. And also see the other hundreds of players that are members.

FSHost, FSOpen are such networks.

Another one, with simple ATC and the option to show AI traffic as well, is FSCloud.

The AI would only be visible to you.

There are plenty of members, so I believe most people use only airport vehicle traffic as AI.

Only fixed rule in all these networks is: don't start up fsx with the aircraft on the active runway (or any runway).

Always start the game parked at a gate, then ask clearance to taxi to the runway.

The rules in all these sites are slightly different. Learn that a bit before joining them gfor your first flight.

You communicate sometimes with typed text. But most use a TeamSpeak server to allow voice communication. So you can actually hear and speak to each other while flying.

Many servers also have the option to have someone act as live ATC. Guiding the planes in using a radar view of the area surrounding the airport. Really cool actually talking to someone while bringing the plane in. You can get requests to enter a hold and let another plane with a fuel shortage go first, etc.

On FSCloud, if there is no one acting as live-ATC you still need to ask clearance from the automated ATC and get the standard box pattern approach. No landing without clearance.

If someone is live ATC that airport becomes like a magnet for planes.

There is also a scoring system. Points for miles flown.

Have a look at one of those sites to find more info.

FSOpen, FSHost, FSCloud, and there are many more.

Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't know if you can still connect to a friend directly. But even it you can, you would only be flying with two people, (and no autogen either) so it would be a rather empty world.

Certainly you can connect directly -- the demise of Gamespy for FSX didn't affect that. And autogen works exactly as in single player -- perhaps you meant no AI traffic, which is true. As for only two people, one host can host 8 or more players in a single session, if desired. I suppose that if you want the whole world populated all the time with aircraft traffic, then the networks might be good.

But a friend and I have been doing MP since FS98 with direct connect, and for us it's worked well. We use the Free/Open Source mumble/murmur to chat via voice. YMMV...

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

oh ok well I will check into one of those. I been flying many hours offline and I think it is time to try some online flying again. and I think as far as vatsim goes I don't think I can have an account there again since I closed the last one I had. as I did not like how fast they spoke on that server it was not that realistic to me.

Have you taken a look through the stickied FAQ thread in the Multiplayer Adventures forum? Just down below the Screenshots furm, which is down below the FSX forum on the main Forums listing page of FlightSim here?

Not only is the FAQ very informative, but if you were to ask your question in that forum, the people who seem to monitor it will have very cogent answers. They have their own host and TS server to utilize for MP also.

They really helped and guided me through the Round The World Race early this year. Yes, the FlightSim team won that race too :)

Hope this helps a little bit.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

yes sir I have made a post in that forum once and never heard any thing back. I tried some of the programs that where suggested and the did not work for me. but I found a website last evening I can fly with. all they need is team speak. but I was able to fly online. it has been quite some time since I have done so but it was kind of neat. :D

yes sir I have made a post in that forum once and never heard any thing back. I tried some of the programs that where suggested and the did not work for me. but I found a website last evening I can fly with. all they need is team speak. but I was able to fly online. it has been quite some time since I have done so but it was kind of neat. :D

Just out of interest, which site did you settle on?

W11 Home. Intel Corei7-14700K 3.4Ghz 28cpu.

Nvidia Geforce RTX4040Ti Super. ASUS ROG Strix B650 Mobo.

1 TB Samsung 990m2 SSD.

• 2 weeks later...

You were just looking for a companion. At any time there are hundreds of like minded flyers on vatsim.

Without rules, you find people that care less about aviation, like in fscloud. To them fsx is a game, you will learn nothing, squat. a waste of time.

You can try avoiding atc controlled airspace in vatsim and only interact with the other pilots but youll need some degree of skill for them to invite you along.

fsx built in multiplayer still works, just input your friends ip address and you can share airspace in separate planes or even share duties in the same aircraft.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

... flying multiplayer has no challenge. the only hard thing about it is the ATC.

That depends on what form of multiplayer. A friend and I do a lot of formation flying, as well as low level (perhaps following canyons, roads, rivers), getting in and out of short, sometimes obstructed airports, weaving through canyons, to name a few things. Neither of us has ever messed with VATSIM or its like, or any large group thing, but we often do things because they're challenging and/or just because they're fun or a pretty area to go to. Much of it wouldn't be safe or even practical in real life flying, but it's often fun in the sim, due to lack of potential serious consequences.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Without rules, you find people that care less about aviation, like in fscloud. To them fsx is a game, you will learn nothing, squat. a waste of time.

Don't paint everyone with the same brush. Not everyone looks at things as you do, nor shares your approach, thoughts or preferred operations in the sim. And not everyone who fails to share your outlook thinks of it as a "game."

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Archived