RXP and P3D

scottb613

Hi Folks,

Been on a break for the last year or so - pretty hardcore FS9 user - never did much with FSX... I've been poking around thinking of finally making the jump to P3D... I noticed a post somewhere that stated we can't use RXP in P3D - is that true ? Is there any alternative to provide realistic GA GPS units ? There is no way I could be happy using a default GPS... Any info appreciated...

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

HI...

Thanks for the response and leaves me with much to consider... The new Flight 1 units look nice and you get both sized units for $50.00 where they are $50.00 each at RXP... Still - I wanted this to aid my real world instrument rating and I use a GNS430W - soooo....

Appreciate the help...

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

Mindstar sells GNS530 and GNS430 units that work quite well in all sim versions.

Flight1's marvelous GTN750 and GTN650 units are also nice.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Hi Bill,

While it's been a while - I do recall you are the "go to" gauge guy - thanks for responding... Mindstar is a new vendor on me - are the GNS units on par with the realism offered by RXP ?

Hi Mark,

Thanks so much - I'll take a look....

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

Hi Bill,

While it's been a while - I do recall you are the "go to" gauge guy - thanks for responding... Mindstar is a new vendor on me - are the GNS units on par with the realism offered by RXP ?

Scott, I'd say yes. These are the same units that are used in Redbird's expensive professional simulators... :pilot:

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived