Easy question! making the menu bar transparent

alexzar14

I want to gain another inch or two on my screen height without having to select the "full screen" within FSX. I have 34 ultrawide, the width is sufficient but the height isn't.

First thing I have set my taskbar to "Auto-hide", which is an instant gain.

Next I'd like to make the top menu bar transparent, along with the top blue line if possible.

Please advise how to do it with Windows 7.

!!!afsv.jpg

!!!afsv2.jpg

To make the menu header bar transparent, you can use Windows 7 Aero.

But by default FSX disables Aero, the known "The color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 Basic..." issue.

So you must disable FSX disabling Aero (you still follow ?...).

Some fix does this for you (apparently it's a patched fsx.exe) : http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/windows-7-basic-scheme-fix.426935/

Use at own risk, I'd say.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

I want to gain another inch or two on my screen height without having to select the "full screen" within FSX...

Why don't you like fullscreen? I use fullscreen all the time, it'll make your blue bar go away.

And like other guys have said, hold down your ALT key for a couple of seconds to make the menu bar go away too (and tap ALT when you want it back).

pseudo_full_screen.zip This may be what you are looking for. Available at AVSIM.

Thanks! will try. The Alt key is also a good solution, I should've known it. I fly for a week or even two, then I don't use FSX for 6-8 weeks (don't use computer at all, except internet) so don't be surprised seeing me asking such questions )))

Why don't you like fullscreen? I use fullscreen all the time, it'll make your blue bar go away.

And like other guys have said, hold down your ALT key for a couple of seconds to make the menu bar go away too (and tap ALT when you want it back).

I like the ALT key concept, will use it tonight. The full screen won't work because I use 2 monitors (2nd monitor for FMS and sub panels, speed tables etc...) and the 2nd monitor doesn't work with full screened FSX.

I use

BorderlessGaming_8.2__admin_setup.exe

with my 2 screen setup.

Google to find.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Archived