FSX Instant Replay

itye1970

Hi all,

I don't understand whats going on with the instant replay in FSX. I am using FSX Steam Edition and set up a flight from Cardiff to Bristol airport.

I took off and landed ok and then went to instant replay to watch the flight.

It asked me to enter the seconds up to 618 which I assume is the number of seconds the replay/flight lasts

It starts the replay ok at Cardiff Airport and takes off and starts to fly over the severn river. Then is just cuts back to my current position in the game (ie landed at bristol). It doesnt show the rest of the flight and landing.

However what is bizarre is that when I select instant replay again and this time enter 60 in the seconds instead of 618, it show the landing! Whats going on?

It should show the replay from start to finish shouldnt it?

Thanks in Advance

Very strange! Was the entire flight, takeoff to landing, only 618 seconds? I use the replay mode to check out my approach and landings and would usually run about the last 350 seconds with no difficulties. Does it do it every time you use replay?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Get FSRecorder for FSX and try that for instant replays. It has a much larger capacity than FSX. FSRecorder is a much more 'modern' program and won't 'blink' with a longer flight as sim replay seems to do. FSRecorder will replay a 30 minutes (1800 seconds) flight with absolutely no problems. If you change airplane or change time (even 1 minute) the FSRecorder 'counter' will reset to zero.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived