Traffic, woai, fsx-se

svpst

Yesterday I flew a bit, had lots of nice traffic. Last night I decided to use WOAI to add some more traffic. I downloaded the installer and some packages and it added some traffic, but not all that much. Today, I downloaded several packages and installed them. They all appear properly in my \simobjects\ folder and my \scenery\world\scenery folders, but when i pick KATL, I have Zero scenery except the plane I'm flying. I installed UPS flightplans, went to KSDF and have Zero traffic. Did I miss a step someplace?

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Yesterday I flew a bit, had lots of nice traffic. Last night I decided to use WOAI to add some more traffic. I downloaded the installer and some packages and it added some traffic, but not all that much. Today, I downloaded several packages and installed them. They all appear properly in my \simobjects\ folder and my \scenery\world\scenery folders, but when i pick KATL, I have Zero scenery except the plane I'm flying. I installed UPS flightplans, went to KSDF and have Zero traffic. Did I miss a step someplace?

I haven't used woai. But I RW in and out of KSDF enough to know, you should see a ton of UPS planes on the ground and in the air there.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

WOAI has both Fs9 and FSX traffic files. You just have to chose the correct link on the download page.

Although one would consider this as obvious, this is not true.

The WoAI packages "for FSX" contain FSX AI aircraft models (they give no issues with the ground shadows thingy on some payware scenery), but the flightplans are still in FS9 format.

Most people convert them to FSX format, others leave them as they are (being aware the FS9 files will be the only ones visible in the sim).

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Although one would consider this as obvious, this is not true.

The WoAI packages "for FSX" contain FSX AI aircraft models (they give no issues with the ground shadows thingy on some payware scenery), but the flightplans are still in FS9 format.

Most people convert them to FSX format, others leave them as they are (being aware the FS9 files will be the only ones visible in the sim).

Wim

I stand corrected. Apologies for bad info. That actually explains why my custom ai flight plan using my paints doesnt show up in game.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/buddyfight/images/d/d8/Homer-simpson-quotes-doh-i11.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20141227165956

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just downloaded the FSX WOAI packages and then used AIFP to find the old records, updated and i have quite a few planes. So it worked ok, thanks for the help.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Archived