FS Captain???

KCD

Does anyone know if FSCaptain 1.07.01 will run on a XP machine? I had an older version of the demo and it ran fine a few years ago, but I stopped using it. I downloaded the current version (01.07.01) Saturday, removed the older version from my machine and started over.

One of the initial steps is to run a program called "FSCaptain Admin". When I attempt to do that, I am advised that "...Admin.exe is not a valid Win32 Application". There are two download versions for v1.07.01, one for FSX and another for FS9. I have properly downloaded the FS9 version. I can find no support option on the FSCaptain web site, and I find it odd that a program like this would be produced to the exclusion of the XP operating system.

The only reference I can find is as follows from the FSC web site...

"Question 1.2: Will FSCaptain run under Windows XP?

Answer: The FSCaptain Administrator EXE will not run under Windows XP. The Administrator and the FCOM/FCDU gauges will run inside the simulator. "

It would appear to me that they are saying that while the Admin program will not run as a stand-alone under XP, it can be run from inside FS9. But when I try to do that, I get a black screen and FS9 crashes to the desktop within a minute.

I remember enjoying this program and would like to find a way to re-explore it, can anyone offer any assistance, Please?

Klee, have you been to the FS Captain forums? I have FS Captain for P3D but never had it for FS9. I did see some discussions in the forum related to your specific issue with XP.

I hope this link works. It will take you directly to the thread:

http://fscaptain.proboards.com/search/results?captcha_id=captcha_search&display_as=0&page=2&search=Search&what_at_least_one=FS9&who_only_made_by=0

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

Archived