More questions on the Baron B55 that I was working on...

KCD

The Baron B55 that I cobbled together for my FS9 started as was an AI plane that was created in the dark ages. What I did was repaint the model to suit my taste, and make the AI a flyable model. Finally, I tweaked the cfg file and the air file to give the plane the performance of a B55 with a Colewell conversion. I don't need doors that open, nor do I need tons of moving parts or lots of eye candy, but I do want an airplane that is flyable and responds reasonably well. This AI conversion does just that, but I have one problem. I fly for a small but enjoyable virtual airline where you can fly what you want, when you want. Problem is, when I fly the Baron, the V.A. logging system (VAFinancials VAF5) logs it as an "AI Baron B55". Is there a way to change the way the V.A. program sees it so that it logs is simply as a "Baron B55"?

The Baron B55 that I cobbled together for my FS9 started as was an AI plane that was created in the dark ages. What I did was repaint the model to suit my taste, and make the AI a flyable model. Finally, I tweaked the cfg file and the air file to give the plane the performance of a B55 with a Colewell conversion. I don't need doors that open, nor do I need tons of moving parts or lots of eye candy, but I do want an airplane that is flyable and responds reasonably well. This AI conversion does just that, but I have one problem. I fly for a small but enjoyable virtual airline where you can fly what you want, when you want. Problem is, when I fly the Baron, the V.A. logging system (VAFinancials VAF5) logs it as an "AI Baron B55". Is there a way to change the way the V.A. program sees it so that it logs is simply as a "Baron B55"?

Is there any info about the aircraft under [General] in the aircraft.cfg? This is usually where ATC gets it's info on your aircraft when they warn others of your position.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hi there, Zip... Yes, there's info in that section, but nothing that would indicate that it was once an "AI". I think this software (VAFinancials) picks the information from the first two lines in the Aircraft.cfg file, or from somewhere in the model files. I've tried to create a separate aircraft out of it with any and all references to "AI" removed and all names matching, but it doesn't work, won't even load. It's not a big issue, but the little Baron is far better than your average "AI", and now that it has been converted to fly, I would like to convert it from "AI" ti "Real". What do you think?

Hi there, Zip... Yes, there's info in that section, but nothing that would indicate that it was once an "AI". I think this software (VAFinancials) picks the information from the first two lines in the Aircraft.cfg file, or from somewhere in the model files. I've tried to create a separate aircraft out of it with any and all references to "AI" removed and all names matching, but it doesn't work, won't even load. It's not a big issue, but the little Baron is far better than your average "AI", and now that it has been converted to fly, I would like to convert it from "AI" ti "Real". What do you think?

Yeah, my next thought was the Sim= line might be the culprit. Sounds like you are putting a lot of effort into this project! Keep up the good work!:D

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

After messing with this for hours, I've determined that by removing the "AI" from the name on the aircraft.cfg and in the model file data, the typical aircraft folder cannot be recognized by FS9. I think I'm doomed to flying an "AI Baron" for ever.

After messing with this for hours, I've determined that by removing the "AI" from the name on the aircraft.cfg and in the model file data, the typical aircraft folder cannot be recognized by FS9. I think I'm doomed to flying an "AI Baron" for ever.

All due respect, you have made a mistake somewhere as FS9 does not care what you call anything.

You specified "the model file data", can you be more specific?

Is this the Klaus Brosemann Baron?

It has "AI" in the model name and if you change that you must also change the model.cfg to match the new .mdl name.

This model also comes with "AI" in the sim= line. If you change that line you must change the .air file to match.

As for the title= line, it can be anything you like, as long as they are all unique.

peace

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived