How do you add downloaded aircraft to FSX SE?

ivor

silly question time look around the forums couldn't find the answer, flatened my computer and started again with fsx se, I have tried to put an aircraft in the common apps but dosent work idiots guide any one please pretty please? ivor :pilot:

hi the HP42 dosent appear to have auto install, with all my orbex files and other planes put in to the common apps file in steam tried this with the hp42? where am I going wrong! cheers ivor

hi the HP42 dosent appear to have auto install, with all my orbex files and other planes put in to the common apps file in steam tried this with the hp42? where am I going wrong! cheers ivor

The Handley Page 42 folder complete with all of the necessary items inside goes into the SimObjects/Airplanes folder of your Sim, wherever it is hiding.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with mqytn, although for a different reason. I don't trust auto-installers. I always point an autoinstaller at an empty "temp" folder, then copy-paste to FSX-SE. I want to know just what the autoinstaller puts where. Just my 2C worth. mqytn did provide you the correct path, though.

In other words, he told you just exactly where to stick it :D :D :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived