NO CD Patch for FS9 Please.

pcohen

Hi everybody.

Have been trying all Morning to find the No CD Patch, but as usual, probably looking in the wrong Section.

Any help Please.

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Ehh hold on there, isn't it illegal to use it? Someone posted a link to the patch on avsim and got banned.

Are you using it on a copy of FS9 that you bought and paid for?

Bottom line, there is no way to...

a) use an updated version of Windows

...and...

b) use FS9 without the no-CD FS9.exe

I promise you that nobody is going to come knocking on your door if you use it.

And I am one of the most copyright sensitive people you will ever meet.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

And I only admitted I USE the patch and got banned for 3 days at AVSIM...

Me too, although I also got spanked for using a phrase that passed '70's TV censors, so go figure.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

What is happening over at the other place is almost ludicrous. One person is single handlely trying to inforce his rules and interpretations of things like this. It's ruining a once great place to discuss things like this very subject.

Walk into Microsoft and ask a legal team whether it's ok to use the no-cd patch for a 12+ year old product that isn't being sold anywhere.

I reckon you'd hear the howls of laughter for miles.

Then you should download one of them - try to make sure it is the 9.1 version. You won't find it in the Flightsim.com library since it is a violation of MS's EULA.

DJ

If this is the case then posting information [e.g. do a Google for "No CD Patch"] that enables another person to find and use something that is illegal is known as aiding and abetting someone else to commit a criminal act - i.e. using the No CD patch which is against Microsoft's EULA. Perhaps Flightsim might like to consider banning this sort of post as well as direct links to the patch?

Dijvid

The No CD modification is a CRACK, not a patch. It's a change to the actual FS9.exe file that permits it's use without the CD #4 in the CD-ROM drive. It isn't authorized by Microsoft, nor most of the forums.

It IS readily available on the net, however. Just google it.

Does all that help a little?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

If this is the case then posting information [e.g. do a Google for "No CD Patch"] that enables another person to find and use something that is illegal is known as aiding and abetting someone else to commit a criminal act - i.e. using the No CD patch which is against Microsoft's EULA. Perhaps Flightsim might like to consider banning this sort of post as well as direct links to the patch?

Dijvid

Whilst I agree in principle with some of your comments, IMHO I do think that in this particular case anyone who wants to use the no cd crack to be able to continue using a product that they have probably spent lots of their hard earned cash on are justified in doing so. The facts I have based this on are simple:

1. Despite the ongoing popularity of FS2004 MS no longer actively supports the product and haven't done so for years, probably because they have made more than enough money out of it to cover their development costs, etc.

2. The crack has been widely available for years - if MS was so concerned about it then surely they would have taken measures to have it removed, especially from the more prominent sites that carry it.

3. The removal of the 'risk' associated with the Win update that has prompted a rise in the search for (and use of) the crack has been known about for years and yet MS has only deemed it necessary to take action now.

As The Bean stated at post #5 and JSMR at post #9 I doubt that MS really care whether people use the crack - and not just for FS2004, this issue affects many other still popular games

Lastly, IMHO the moderators of this site have taken what I consider to be a logical stance on what is a very difficult subject and should be praised for doing so

Regards

Brian

Archived