SA316 Alouette III by Team Squirrel - I can´t start engine

Hans Mike

I can not even start the engine in a conventional manner ctrl + E or using the start-up procedure.

According to the manual, both ways are possible. I suspect that the problem is due to differences between the classical FSX and FSXA. I had the same problem with type EH-101, for example, or turn on the afterburners at the Mirage III and other problems.

Is there any solution for owners of classic FSX?

I found it here:

http://frenchvfr.free.fr/download.php?lng=en&tconfig=0

In the section FSX/P3D.

I checked the panel.cfg and found it refers to quite a few missing gauges. These are not in the panel folder, and also not in the included \gauges folder.

I don't know if these gauges are .gau, .dll, or .Cab, I'll give the start of the gaugefilenames.

From the VCockpit section:

SlingOperator

RFN_Carrier_Gauge

DSD_Sound_Gauge

Window5:

SlingOperations

Window04:

RFN_Carrier_Gauge

(Others, like "Bell_206B.dll" are default gauges. This one is in my \MS FSX\Gauges folder. But I'm not sure if that exists in fsx Standard or if the Bell is only included in Acceleration.)

Also I see in Window00 it calls for:

FA-18

That is "Fa18.dll" which is also in my main \MS FSX\Gauges folder. But it will not be in yours. It is only included in FSX Acceleration.

Also, in the sound.cfg file in the ..\AlouetteIII\sound folder many sound defenitions are not connec ted to actual sound files. No Idea what's up with that. I'm afraid it will cause issues.

----------------------

That said, I installed it in fsx acc to test and it worked. I did not install everything.

All I installed was folder "AlouetteIII", into folder ..\MS FSX\Simobjects\Rotorcraft.

Then de-selected: "show all textures" in the aircraft selection window.

Regarding missing gauges:

-Window04 and 05 (shift 5 and 6) did not pop up.

-Neither did [Window00] (shift 1), that's the minipanel, that should contain, among others gauges, the fa18 hud.

-No Sound at all.

-But, the engine was on. (Not audible but rotors were spinning.)

I took off, and landed. (Crash detection off though ;) )

Here's a few shots.

AlouetteIII-1.jpg

AlouetteIII-2.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I see I forgot to answer your main question. I think it may indeed be associated with you not haveing FSX-ACC.

And, even in fsx-acc there are a lot of issues.

But, maybe FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 it would work like it does in FSX-ACC. You would not have the fa18 hud. that is only in ACC, but the plane should work I think.

Not sure if SP1 and SP2 can be installed on FSX-Standard.

---------------

A few more observations:

-landing lights do illuminate the ground.

-nav light and rotating beacon light also present.

Button for starter (green) does not work.

My shortcut ("starter 1 on/off" --- ) does work fine and the light turns green!

After the starter is running for a while I push my shortcut for "Engine1 fuel valve" --> Engine starts indeed.

I then saw the engine fuel valve is the red handle on the floor.

I switched the fuel valve off with the handle. The engine switched off.

I moved the handle forward again and the rotor started to turn again.

So the handle works.

But the buttons on the panel do not.

There is a button on panel for "Pitot heat on/off". When you click it this lights op for an instant but then turns off again.

When you turn on pitot heat with the keyboard () the light goes on and stays on.

--------------------------------

-Landing lights = +++++

-Sound is easy to fix, I think I will just use a sound folder from a different chopper. But installing the other included ..\FSX\Sound folder will help a little too.

-Gauges are more difficult, but, in the VC it all looks alright at first glance. Although many buttons don't work when clicked. I do not know why, maybe they were for FS9, maybe it is something else.

-Gauges2: Some of the popup panels just need redoing/replacing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For sound, get Lama sound by Peter Salzgeber (2009 but works good in FSX Accel). Get a different panel (ie: EH101 default panel in FSX Accel) and just go fly. It was too slow and sluggish so I made turbo FDEs (type 5 engine) for it and it now fly good.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Just some tidbits for with your morning coffee:)

Some more info regarding FSX-A and FSX Standard differences:

Three aircraft that are only in FSX Acceleration:

Fa18

EH-101

P51-Mustang.

Info found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_X

If you find downloads for addons for these aircraft types, and install them in fsx standard, they will likely not work. The downloads will probably not cantain all the required files.

------

Another thing:

I told you in the Alouette the minipanel does not show (shift-1). But I flew it and pressed F10, and that did show me the Fa18 Hud.

If you use FSX-Standard you will not see that, as you won't have the Fa18 or the Hud. But in FSX-Acceleration the Hud in the Alouette works "out of the box".

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not a newbie here, but somehow missed the distinction among versions of FSX. I bought the "Deluxe Edition" of FSX from Best Buy the first day it came out for $70.00. I added SP1 and SP2 later, as I recall. If that does not constitute "Acceleration," then how do I upgrade to FSX Acceleration? Is there a file I can refer to in my FSX installation that says Acceleration if it were present? I had the same problem with Allouette on my installation (I saw the comment in the read-me file warning that Allouette required Acceleration, but I installed it anyway to see what it was like). Thanks _Cloudy_

Your reference cleared up a lot of questions for me -- I'm faced with the choice of buying a used Acceleration pack with key from ebay for $35, or a 'new' boxed pack from Amazon for anywhere from $69 to $185, (and installing it onto my current Deluxe) -- or (I think) buying steam version $20 (but I don't know if that would require whole new installation, or just overlay the Deluxe that I have.) Any thoughts? I sure am looking forward to flying this beautiful helicopter. Thanks again for your input. _Cloudy_

Had a rethink. No, you can't.

Acc needs to be installed on a clean deluxe.

Not after service packs were installed.

So uninstall ALL your payware Addons,

Then uninstall fsx

then install deluxe only

then acc.

Install fsx to C:\FSX or something. Or to D:\

NOT to C:\program files (x86)

I say again:

NOT to C:\program files (x86)

If you backup aircraft before uninstalling you can then reinstall them. (maybe gauges are required as well though.)

And that does not work for payware addons, the MUST be freshly installed.

But first make a backup of the fresh fsx folder, all 17gb or so. You can use that to restore a default file, in case you ever delete one by accident.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived