Installing Mesh?

Lord_Nibbo

I've downloaded some FreeMeshX files. What level in the FSX addon scenery folder should I place this Mesh? i.e. above any other scenery for a given area or below it?
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1. 16.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3. Graphics 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 .... 4 X DELL 1920 x 1080 res screens. 1 TByte SSD + 2TByte internal SATA drive +8 TByte External Western Digital Hard Drives (SATA) Backups

While in theory FSX uses the highest quality mesh it finds for a particular area so it doesn't matter where you install it, in practice things are different and it is a good idea to use the method described - it's useful for comparison purposes, it keeps conflicts with addons listed `under` the mesh entries to a minimum and frankly, if you are asking this sort of question you should be familiar with best practice manual installation and manipulation of the scenery cfg and the GUI.

The beauty of the FreeMesh construct is that it IS installed as a scenery addon listing so that you can take charge of where you put it, and why. And then uncheck it or remove it with ease for troubleshooting or comparison purposes.

Archived