What causes these?

wmkj

Missing transparency. They look like modeled lights rather than effects, the green light is there so the texture is present, it's just that the black square around it should be nulled out by the alpha channel on the texture and that's not happening. Clouds are having the same problems.

What are your system specs? Are you using an onboard graphics chip built to handle anything MS Word can throw at it?

A re-install (ie: repair) of FSX using the discs would repair that. It's most likely a case of corrupt fx AND/OR texture file(s). If you have a friend with identical specs that has your version of FSX you could have him email you a zip containing the effects and (effects) texture folders. Either way would work.

Chuck B

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Missing transparency. They look like modeled lights rather than effects, the green light is there so the texture is present, it's just that the black square around it should be nulled out by the alpha channel on the texture and that's not happening. Clouds are having the same problems.

What are your system specs? Are you using an onboard graphics chip built to handle anything MS Word can throw at it?

When I saw that, I was thinking he was tapped out for video memory.

Not only are the light effects partially missing, but also the clouds are not

displaying right either. I'm not so sure the textures are missing.. Might be the

puter is having a video vapor lock. :(

To all that replied,

Thanks a lot for you all explanation & advise. Well its bit too technical for a person like me. It was not a repeated issue (I mean when I recycle the view, it appears normal). I realized that happened only for add-on (freeware) aircraft. When I fly the same aircraft yesterday the issue was not as bad (only a small black square on the beacon light, just for a few second & disappeared). Otherwise all was well for the whole flight.

Will try to fly again & monitor this issue before deciding to rectify as advise by you guys. Again thanks a lot for your time. :)

How old is the graphic card?

Its Nvidia GeForce GT430. Its about 3 years. Thanks

Your computer is not able to keep up then. Should have told us all this in your first post. Turn down your FSX settings and see if that helps.

My setting are not on the high side. I'll try to resetting & see how it goes. Thanks

Archived