Eyesight & Win 10 Magnifyer in FSX

bontik

I have a low vision problem, and use the Magnifyer system all the time. In Win 7 the magnifier ,when used in FSX, worked only in DOCKED mode. In Win 10, I was very happy to find that the Magnifyer window functioned as well as it does in P3D. Until the 5th September 15! Now suddenly the magnified window goes black once I click on FLY NOW.

I have two 128 SSD plus 1TB of hard drive, Core I 5, 8GB of Ram, and NVIDIA Ge Force 640 graphics GPU.I would really appreciate some advice. FSX is a 32 bit and P3D 64 bit. But why did the mag system work so well and suddenly black out? It is fine on all other programs, just FSX?

Sincerely in advance

Tony

I run FSX at 1360 x 768 resolution and all the menus are fairly easy to read, so give it a try.

In fact I keep 1360 x 768 for everything like games and surfing around because I find that resolution more comfortable and easier to read than say 1920 x 1080.

I once tried FSX at 1920 for a while but had to hold a magnifying glass up to the screen like Sherlock Holmes to read the menus!

I've never used the Win magnifier, I simply hold down CTRL and roll the mousewheel to enlarge or shrink text and pictures (if I have to ) while surfing around the net, but that doesn't work for games and sims.

PS- There are also Win 7 display options that allow you to set desktop items from small (100%) to Extra large (200%), I use Medium (125%) but I don't know if that carries over into games and sims.

I have a low vision problem, and use the Magnifyer system all the time. In Win 7 the magnifier ,when used in FSX, worked only in DOCKED mode. In Win 10, I was very happy to find that the Magnifyer window functioned as well as it does in P3D. Until the 5th September 15! Now suddenly the magnified window goes black once I click on FLY NOW.

I have two 128 SSD plus 1TB of hard drive, Core I 5, 8GB of Ram, and NVIDIA Ge Force 640 graphics GPU.I would really appreciate some advice. FSX is a 32 bit and P3D 64 bit. But why did the mag system work so well and suddenly black out? It is fine on all other programs, just FSX?

Sincerely in advance

Tony

Default Spacebar+scroll wheel zooms in on-demand. Back Space instanlty restores default zoom. You should familiarize yourself with ALL possible view control functions as there was never any need to use the magnifier.

very many thanks for your replies.

Regards

Tony

I run FSX at 1360 x 768 resolution and all the menus are fairly easy to read, so give it a try.

In fact I keep 1360 x 768 for everything like games and surfing around because I find that resolution more comfortable and easier to read than say 1920 x 1080.

I once tried FSX at 1920 for a while but had to hold a magnifying glass up to the screen like Sherlock Holmes to read the menus!

I've never used the Win magnifier, I simply hold down CTRL and roll the mousewheel to enlarge or shrink text and pictures (if I have to ) while surfing around the net, but that doesn't work for games and sims.

PS- There are also Win 7 display options that allow you to set desktop items from small (100%) to Extra large (200%), I use Medium (125%) but I don't know if that carries over into games and sims.

Archived