747-100, 200, 400 panels

Rnglgdj

Well after spending most of my time with small GA planes and some military I decided to try the 747 types.

This is what I have been trying to use on most of the 747 I have tried to use.

So the following is what I am using and what I get.

So what is wrong?

Don R

747panel.jpg

747expanded.jpg

panelresult.jpg

So what is wrong?

Don R

Sorta looks like your gauges are not working! Is this a default 747 from FS2004 and what exact downloaded panel are you using? Might as well supply any helpers with as much info as possible.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The problem is the panel is obviously not "seeing" the gauges. There could be several reasons for this. Without knowing the exact panel it is I can't look into it much more. It is using default 747 gauges though. For now, go back and double check you followed the instructions in the readme file with the panel. But I have run into it before where the default 747 gauges don't carry over into other panels very well.

added: lol, Mrzippy you just posted as I was typing, I don't want to look like I just restated what you just said. Your post is fine too.

Chopper this what seems to be happening. It is a modified default 747 panel that came with a Expermental 747. But none of the 747 panels work.

Zippy this a modified default panel for the 747 and also the panel that comes with several other 747.

Chopper this what seems to be happening. It is a modified default 747 panel that came with a Expermental 747. But none of the 747 panels work.

Zippy this a modified default panel for the 747 and also the panel that comes with several other 747.

Is this the download you used? boeing_747-8i_experimental.zip In order to help, you need to be specific!

Yup, I think I found the plane...Now to look for a cure!

experimental 747.JPG

FIXED! :D For the heck of it, I renumbered the gauges so they were in order (needed or not!) and put into the panel folder the default 747-400 .cab file (gotta have the missing switches and such)

BINGO.JPG

Oh I missed the numbering so I will go back and renumber the gauges. Yes that is the right plane. So the numbering problem is in the panel configuring in all the ones I have tried using.

Don't forget to add the missing .cab file!

I renumbered the sequence and that did not help. I looked at the panel folder that I posted and the 747-400 cab file is listed. It is the 7th line item. The default 747 does not work and no 747 panel works.

So it has to be something that I am just not

seeing.

BTW thanks for the help guys !!

I renumbered the sequence and that did not help.

As long as there are no duplicates FS does not care if the numbers are in sequence or not.

I looked at the panel folder that I posted and the 747-400 cab file is listed. It is the 7th line item.

If you look real close at that list you will see that .cab folder is dated from 2007, after FS9 was released.

At some point in time you have replaced the FS9 .cab folder with the FSX version, which will not work in FS9.

You need to delete that file and replace it with the FS9 version, which you can get off of your FS9 install discs.

Instructions for doing that can be found here- http://www.cat-tamer.com/flightsim/faq001.html

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Well the problem seems with my laptop. I looked at my desktop w xp on it and the panel comes up correctly. I also have been having to add to my icons simsicon 1024 to get them to show on the panels.

Does anyone having FS9 running under windows 7 on a Dell i3 laptop that the panels show correctly?

At this point are you even reading what people are telling you? I seriously doubt it is your laptop. I bet the panels for every other plane work fine. You THINK it is your laptop because the faults with this panel are on this laptop. Reread post #13 very carefully and try what StringBean is suggesting before we all try to rebuild your laptop.

Well I just copied that cab from the xp operating system desktop that works on the xp system and has a date of 6/12/2003 to my win 7 system and now has a date of 9/6/2015 and that is the reason that the cab will not work in the panel ??

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

Well I guess I stand corrected. After copying over the cab from the other computer and putting it in the gauges folder and deleting the cabs from the panels of all the 747s it seems to be working in all the 747s.

Hope I didn't offend anyone. I was getting awfully frustrated over the whole matter

So thanks again.

You didn't offend anyone. We all have experienced that same frustration figuring these things out. It's great to hear you got it working now and thanks for getting back to all of us with what it took to get it going. So many people do not do that, but it helps us all learn together and gives us a good feeling to get another pilot in the air.

And on the topic of gauges yet, and for future reference and possibly making gauges easier to manage, keep this in mind. For a gauge to work, it doesn't necessarily have to go in the gauges folder. It can be right in the panel folder itself. Flightsim looks for gauges there first I have been told. It's a matter of personal preference. I do it that way to keep a better idea of what gauges are with that panel. Sure, it can take up a bit more storage if using the same gauge on several panels but storage space isn't always an issue.

Again, thanks for getting back to us with the fix.

Archived