Virtavia B-1B ADI showing nose down 6 degrees on ground...

dspaulding

Interesting! You are on the ground showing 1200 feet altitude ( must be an airport at high altitude) the standby gauge looks pretty close. Is your aircraft powered up? Being a payware aircraft, I won't be able to try to duplicate your scenario.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Interesting! You are on the ground showing 1200 feet altitude ( must be an airport at high altitude) the standby gauge looks pretty close. Is your aircraft powered up? Being a payware aircraft, I won't be able to try to duplicate your scenario.

It is payware. I was at KPHX. It is powered up. That's why I'm puzzled, the standby shows level, but the primary ADI shows nose down.

Some planes have a nose-down attitude when stationary on the ground, there's a thread here that mentions it-

http://www.pprune.org/spectators-balcony-spotters-corner/384141-nose-down-attitudes-ground.html

I've done a test on this and I'm inclined to disagree. During climb I put the ADI right at zero degrees and went outside and the aircraft was about six degrees nose up. Something isn't right here.

I don't have this one, but in terms of just the instrument did you try adjusting the pitch trim knob? I think that is what it is there for.

Robert Kerr

3D Modeler & Texture Artist

I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz, GTX-970 w/4GB, 8gb DDR 3 RAM, two SSDs, and Win 7 64 bit.

I didn't but I found a temp fix. By turning on the flight director it provides a "gun cross" right on the horizon of the ADI. So I can use that for non automated flight however once the Autopilot modes are utilized I go back to an ADI that's telling me -6 degrees is level flight. Wow. Just wow.

Archived