android nanny volume control question.

Hello

Quite often on long flights I will use my lifetab android tablet to watch something on BBC iPlayer.

Android has this intensely irritating volume restriction (I suspect something to do with our greedy lawyer friends than rather simple nannying) that kicks in after ten minutes or so and turns your volume down .

You get a message option to carry on using the higher volume ,but you have to agree to this.

If you agree to this you may think your problems are solved ,but no! a few minutes later the same thing will happen again.

Does the apple iPad or windows tablets suffer in the same way.

If not it might be time to save up for ten years or so and buy a second hand iPad.

Joking aside do the pad or w8 tablets have this dammed enforced volume ctrl.

Cheers Andy

Haven't seen anything like that on my iPad or Google Nexus 7 tablet.

It could be the specific brand and model of Android tablet you are using. Many Android phone and tablet manufacturers add their own software and tweaks on top of the default Android OS. Could look into installing a pure version of the Android OS, or something like the Cyanogenmod Android ROM.

In my Android experience, it seems to be the individual App, as opposed to the OS version. I have a 4 year old Toshiba Thrive 10" tablet running 4.0 ICS, a Dell Venue 7" running 4.4 KitKat, and my Galaxy SIII smartphone with 4.1 Jellybean, and none of them arbitrarily adjusts Output Volume. However, a fair number of my Audio based apps each have Options for managing the Output.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Hello Again

If you Google android volume ctrl ,you will see many posts on this subject.

Guys! If you're not using your tablets for watching (iPlayer in my case) or suchlike or listening to music for extended periods then you will not see /experience the volume nanny/lawyerware .

It is unbelievably irritating ,when all iam trying to do is watch documentaries on Iplayer.

I no longer listen to music of the beat combo variety as I am far to old .

Andy

Archived