New to MSX

kirker

I am not new to FS since I had 2002 and currently 2004.

I just built a brand new PC with a lot of good components including 12 Gig of memory and MSI 970 Gforce 4G.

It runs FSX very smooth everything max out.

The problem that I'm having is installing planes, I have installed 10 planes and only one shows on my FSX, I follow

the installation instruction very carefully and seems very simple, but for some reason it doesn't work.

since I'm new to FSX can someone tells me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanking everyone in advance,

Henry

There are several things that cause aircraft not to show. If it has a panel that is aliased to an aircraft you do not have, like a 737-400, then it's a no-show. Also make sure, on your aircraft select page, you have this, with all of the red circles. Please give a filename of what does not show in your Sim.

select page.jpg

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

..I have installed 10 planes and only one shows on my FSX..

If they're freeware, give me a download link to one and I'll see if it works for me.

Meanwhile doublecheck that you haven't accidentally installed just the liveries instead of the full plane, (personally I wish liveries were kept in a separate section instead of cluttering up the full planes section)

Also doublecheck that the planes you've downloaded are for FSX and not FS9 (although some FS9 will work in FSX)

thanks for your reply, they are are freeware, I unzip the file to a separate folder, I then copy the folder with the plane and everything else and paste it in the airplane folder and that should be it, that what the read me file says, but in won't show under any make

thanks for your reply, they are are freeware, I unzip the file to a separate folder, I then copy the folder with the plane and everything else and paste it in the airplane folder and that should be it, that what the read me file says, but in won't show under any make

Once again, can we have a filename of one that you can't make show so we can try it to confirm?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

There's often a lot of useless gunk in some downloads, and also there are sometimes folders within folders, so the trick is to peel away the coconut husk to get at the juicy pith inside.

Now go and get us a download link to any one of the planes or I might as well go watch a Dr Quinn Medicine Woman video

Archived