After Windows 10 upgrade...

nucdev

I seem to have a problem with FSX after upgrading to Windows 10.

After I click the "Fly Now" button, there's no loading screen which there normally should be.

Also if I try to exit the flight by pressing the Esc button, there's no menu where you normally have to End Flight, Continue etc. buttons.

Also tried to view the flight map nothing came up.

Preview screen is fine and flight is too as in I'm seeing all the panels and scenery etc.

It's just the menus which are a problem!

Tempted to go back to Windows 7 - everything was working perfectly on that.

Please help!

• 1 month later...
I seem to have a problem with FSX after upgrading to Windows 10.

After I click the "Fly Now" button, there's no loading screen which there normally should be.

Also if I try to exit the flight by pressing the Esc button, there's no menu where you normally have to End Flight, Continue etc. buttons.

Also tried to view the flight map nothing came up.

Preview screen is fine and flight is too as in I'm seeing all the panels and scenery etc.

It's just the menus which are a problem!

Tempted to go back to Windows 7 - everything was working perfectly on that.

Please help!

Having the same issue after upgrading from windows 7 home premium to windows 10. Looks like a video switching problem after you hit escape you're left with a large mouse pointer. If you blindly poke around, it appears the buttons are there but not visible. Tried deleting the fsx.cfg file, but that created control mapping issues with the thrustmaster t.flight hotas x controller.

Unfortunately, full screen mode in Windows 10 DX9 is causing your problem. The only only work around is go to window mode (ALT + ENTER) as the previous poster has mentioned select your menu and make the appropriate changes then return to your aircraft followed by a return to full screen mode.

The other fix is to use DirectX 10 mode. The DX10 mode is unaffected by these issues and be used exclusively in full screen mode. Since the stock DX10 has issues/incompatibilities, I use Steve's DX10 fixer. It's is 100% compatible and as a bonus, offloads some of the computing resources to the GPU. This gives you better FPS and better VAS management. I highly recommend using Steve's fixer if you enjoy FSX/Window 10 in full screen mode.

Ok thank you to all, I have tried windowed mode and finally I can see the flight analysis, map and flight video.

I have located the fsx.cfg line, hidemenufullscreen=0

What is the number I should change it to? And should I make a back-up of this file before I change it and save it?

Thank you a lot guys!

AlejoiPhone using Tapatalk

Update to W10?? So far I haven't seen anything to indicate W10 is an update for us who fly using FSX or Steam. Perhaps those who do touch screens, hyper texting, etc. consider W10 an upgrade. It certainly seems better across the board than W8.1. But is it as good or better than W7 for those who fly? Not that I can tell.

Don't get in a hurry. Let the lemmings who love to jump off the cliffs sort through all of this. Maybe a year or more out, W10 will be as good as W7 for what we do.

But frankly, I'm not hopeful. If it ain't broke, don't break it!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Some good suggestions above apart from the usual 'reinstall everything'. It normally never fixes anything as it is a specific problem that has to be addressed. You just waste 3-4 hours reinstalling everything to end up with the same issue!

Also, I hope people back up their config (FSX.cfg) if they are advised to delete it, as at least you can copy over your gauges lines etc. so you don't have to click 'yes' to hundreds of them again after the file has rebuilt.

I have just started back with FSX after many years away (2008), and spent a few weeks tweaking, and whilst all people mean well with advice, there is definitely some dodgy advice out there without a doubt - reinstalling everything should not be a first option.

I have fixed a few errors and issues with my initial install by tackling drivers and settings, but not had to reinstall once!

Well after upgrading to me this problems have been the only I have had. Reinstalling mmmm, no good idea from my point of view. For now I will stick with the alt+enter mode, since as a instrument pilot this helps a lot, a lot. For those who have these small problems, hopefully a solution will come up soon. Until the. , any ideas and/or news, just enjoy the ride !

AlejoiPhone using Tapatalk

Update to W10?? So far I haven't seen anything to indicate W10 is an update for us who fly using FSX or Steam. Perhaps those who do touch screens, hyper texting, etc. consider W10 an upgrade. It certainly seems better across the board than W8.1. But is it as good or better than W7 for those who fly? Not that I can tell.

Don't get in a hurry. Let the lemmings who love to jump off the cliffs sort through all of this. Maybe a year or more out, W10 will be as good as W7 for what we do.

But frankly, I'm not hopeful. If it ain't broke, don't break it!

Tbh almost all of the FSX "issues" with windows 10 stem from people being lazy and not re-installing software after updating the OS with an upgrade install. That is always going to cause problems, particularly with a game like FSX which is known to be finicky with some systems.

It runs fine for me in win10 apart from a crash bug with windowed mode. But dovetail are aware of it and investigating. And since I normally fly exclusively in fullscreen with my two displays, its not that big of an issue for me.

And as an FYI performance wise its the same as win7.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you have a link to get Steve's DX10 Fixer?

It's an easy google squeezy :-) but here you go!

https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/how-to-purchase/

A good investment in my view. FSX:SE in DX10 mode with Steves fixer is just great in my opinion.

SweetFX2 is working flawlessly as well to enhance the graphics a bit more.

I had a few crashes and other problems with SweetFX (the original version), and obviously ENBSeries, which I used a lot previously, is only good for DX9 it seems.

Can't say I'm a happy camper so far as Windows 10 running FSX Deluxe with T.Flight Stick X joystick is concerned. All was working well running under Windows 7. Went for first flight under Windows 10 two days ago. Didn't get far! No response on moving the throttle slider. Trying button 1 which was the brakes under W7 now retracts the flaps - button 2 which previously cycled through the views now lowers the flaps. The top hat which once changed the pilots view doesn't do anything.

When I do bring on full throttle using F4 the rudder doesn't work so I can't run down the runway center line, but the elevators seem to for I did lift off.

Oddly enough I can calibrate the joystick using the FSX calibration facility.

On the Thruster side I did restore the factory settings.

Anyone care to hazard a guess at what the problem might be? A fix would be fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...
I have FSX Deluxe Edition and I would like to know if I can run this version on Windows 10 with no issues.

That's the version of FSX I am using in Win 10 since first week of August, 2015. Didn't have to reinstall FSX either when I upgraded.

Cheers,

Archived