Stormy KMIA Departure

Here are a few shots showing off some of the visual features of the new REX Weather Architect which let's you create custom weather systems in FSX, SE, and P3D.

In this series, from sometime in the 1970's, a National Airlines DC-10-10 in the famous "Sun King" livery taxis for departure on Runway 9 at Miami International Airport in Florida (KMIA).

Using REX Weather Architect I created a cluster of cumulus buildups with rain showers and embedded thunderstorms over the coastline and ocean directly off the departure end of the runway

The aircraft is the new CLS HD DC-10 [click on the images for a full screen view]

Here's the REX datalink weather display showing the weather system I created. You can create weather by simply painting the desired location, type, and intensity onto a map display

WX3.jpg

Our DC-10 taxis to the runway as ominous dark storm clouds loom in the background

b2.jpg

Just as the datalink shows it looks like we're going to be dealing with CBs in all departure quadrants. "Folks, from the flight deck, please be sure your seatbelts are securely fastened. We may get a few bumps on the climb out"

b3.jpg

As we line up for takeoff we see lightning in the distance straight ahead. After liftoff we'll want to request an immediate turn from Miami departure to avoid flying directly into this stuff

b1.jpg

This shot shows the REX weather radar display as we climb out. You can switch between the REX radar and data link displays in the aircraft to keep a good picture of the weather along your route and avoid the bad areas

wx2.jpg

:D

AWESOME but did DC-10-10 actually have weather radars? :) :)

Just kidding :) Great screenshots and enjoy your new DC-10 and REX softwares!

Regards,

Aharon

Thanks Aharon - some kind of radar but not the digital kind of radar like REX:D

That's some stunning shots! Does the REX interface create MOVING weather frontal patterns or are they just stationary??

Jan, Larry, & John - many thanks for the good words

Steve: that's a good question - moving fronts would be awesome. I didn't see any reference to moving fronts in the documentation but you can set the prevailing global wind patterns which might in turn move the weather you create - I only have time to fly occasionally so haven't played around with the system enough yet to say - stay tuned!

Archived