Area radar gauge

bobvan

I have had an area radar gauge for years.

All of a sudden it does not see any area airplanes any more.

I do not know any way to reinstall it or download the

original file. It does not seem to come up on a browse.

It has been so many years, what do you call the thing?

Do you happen to know the name of the gauge? TCAS? Traffic Radar?

Can you show the entry from the Panel.cfg file you have it in? That would help a lot, or it's zip file's name? Something like that? The name of it's .GAU file, the CAB file or the XML file it uses? Anything that might help figure out it's "official" name, so to speak, would be a big help.

I don't recall anything called an "area Radar". Is it Plane mounted? Control Tower on the ground?

I'm trying to zero in on it to help...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Is it the AI Radar gauge by Glenn Copeland:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels

FS2004 Gauge--AI Radar

[ Download | View ]

Name: airadr30.zip

Size: 250,274 Date: 07-09-2006 Downloads: 6,561

FS2004 Gauge--AI Radar, Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS). This gauge has five ranges from 1 nm to 30 nm. It displays all moving aircraft in green within the selected range. A switch will allow static aircraft to also be displayed in white when desired. Traffic Advisory (TA) aircraft are displayed in yellow, Resolution Advisory (RA) aircraft are shown in red. AI aircraft have their relative altitudes pinned to each aircraft symbol. Bearing to an aircraft can be obtained using the optional 360-degree sweep cursor. For panel or separate window installation. With Radar Icon gauge. By Glenn Copeland.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Is it the AI Radar gauge by Glenn Copeland:

FS2004 (ACOF) - FS2004 Panels

FS2004 Gauge--AI Radar

[ Download | View ]

Name: airadr30.zip

Size: 250,274 Date: 07-09-2006 Downloads: 6,561

FS2004 Gauge--AI Radar, Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS). This gauge has five ranges from 1 nm to 30 nm. It displays all moving aircraft in green within the selected range. A switch will allow static aircraft to also be displayed in white when desired. Traffic Advisory (TA) aircraft are displayed in yellow, Resolution Advisory (RA) aircraft are shown in red. AI aircraft have their relative altitudes pinned to each aircraft symbol. Bearing to an aircraft can be obtained using the optional 360-degree sweep cursor. For panel or separate window installation. With Radar Icon gauge. By Glenn Copeland.

I do not understand this forum. I don't see any reply box to write in. Maybe it will let me tail onto this post.

The gauge I am trying to work is aiRadR30!aiRadR30. It is in a separate window in my panels. I obtained it years ago

in a download. I cannot find that download utility now. Somebody said there is an accessory program that works

these radars. I can't find that now, or how to use it. Forgive me for being dumb. I am 80 years old and have forgotten

a lot.

Mr Bob bovandev@juno.com

I do not understand how this forum flows. The gauge I have been using for years in a separate window in a 2d panel in FS2004 is aiRadR30!aiRadR30 I obtained it years ago

as a download utility. I can't find that download now to reinstall it. Somebody said it

has an operatinal program in the operational program to run it. Any help with

that appreciated. It use to show area aircaft in different ranges. It does not show

them any more.

I spent nine years in the 1950's working on airplane instruments in real life. I like the Ford Trimotor standby compass that many people call "whiskey compass." That compass is a spitting image of the B-16 compass we used to install in 1950's area airplanes. Private aircraft used in later years was a smaller version called a B-21 compass. Both of them had a little light bulb that screwed into the compass and had its separate voltage supply to operate it, with a variable resistor and knob to dim it. In FS2004, the Ford Trimotor standby compass is a beautiful rendition of the old B-16 compass that appeared in all vintage military aircraft. Unfortunately, I cannot find any way to make it light up at night for night flying. The few compasses that light up at night are really wimpy, fakey versions of a real standby compass in a vintage airplane. Does anyone know how to make the B-16 realistic compass light up for night flying?

The Radar you use requires the installation of FSUIPC, I think later than v3.5. It may be that your FSUIPC is corrupted/missing/too old?

The radar you're looking for is airadr30.zip, located i the library here on Flightsim. Just do a quick search in the FS2004 section. Is that what you were asking about?

To "reply" to a thread, simply scan down through all the listed replies (like this one for example) to the bottom, and look for a blue oval with "Reply To Thread" in it, and Left click it. Does that help?

Please see my reply to your other thread about lighting up FS2004 instruments to light up the compass at night.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

I spent nine years in the 1950's working on airplane instruments in real life. I like the Ford Trimotor standby compass that many people call "whiskey compass."

I'm confused .......... a radar compass???? .... a DRUNK radar compass?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*HIC!* I dunno whastcha mean! I aint drunk, occifer. *HIC-belch* I is jusht a bit shlort on shleep!

I'm fine to fly! honesht! *HIC*!

:D :D :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all replies to this thread. Your replies supplied the general answer.

I kept installing modules and reinstalling things in Radar 30 until it finally started

working again. It was one of the modules, I presume.

Archived