REX vs ORBX

dwf2008

So I have REX with overdrive installed and running. Will the addition of ORBX Global Base be a worthwhile enhancement, or is it just a replacement for REX which I have already spent money on?

Apart from a few airport textures, they are completely dissimilar products. One is sky and weather, the other ground and autogen.

They are different products which do different things. ORBX Global is ground textures. REX is environment textures and weather. See more here: https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?267678-Confusion-of-REX-GEX-ORBX-VFR-etc .

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

Check out the Orbx web site. I read somewhere they are compatible and are encouraged to use both. It's a frequently asked question. I have REX and I'm using the freeware northwest US. No problems here. The scenery is awesome. As soon as I get over the sticker shock $ I'm going to start buying. Used it for weeks now, nothing but good to say about it. http://www.fullterrain.com

So I have REX with overdrive installed and running. Will the addition of ORBX Global Base be a worthwhile enhancement, or is it just a replacement for REX which I have already spent money on?

Sounds to me like you might benefit from reading Orbx`s scenery guide.

There are several categories of products you might look to for enhancing your sim.

Sky (weather, cloud textures, water, and some cases airport textures)

Ground Textures (like Orbx Global, all related to surface detail)

Ground Vector (anything linear, coastlines, power lines, coastlines, rivers, lakes, accurate real world representations, like UTX)

Airports (specific custom build of individual airports)

Landclass (detailed coding for specifying which land texture should be displayed)

Regional Sceneries (large areas of custom build ground scenery, textures, hand (computer) drawn polygons reflecting a greater accurate display of a large area)

Objects (custom build individual objects, and autogen replacements, like Orbx HD Trees, Zinertek default airport texture package.).

Lots of stuff to spend your money on.

Archived