FSX - Kompatibility with Window 10?

Guest atmahdw

Guest atmahdw

Hallo,

the Window 10 is startet today. I'm using the Window 7.

Somebody knows somewhat.

- Must I do new instal the FSX is'nt it??

greedings

Heinz-Dieter

That should not be necessary...

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

It would depend on what type of install you do. To be safe I would back up anything you don't want to lose. Over the last few months of using the beta versions I have had windows 10 fail on several machines and none of the recovery methods worked other than a clean install which of course meant all files being erased.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

It would depend on what type of install you do. To be safe I would back up anything you don't want to lose. Over the last few months of using the beta versions I have had windows 10 fail on several machines and none of the recovery methods worked other than a clean install which of course meant all files being erased.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Booke,

I also was a Beta tester & had 10 fail. Not a lot, but each time I couldn't recover either. No I won't run 10 on a computer I care about for any time to come. And FSX will be even further out.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

N4gix is right. If you do the UPGRADE all the contents in your C: drive will be preserved if they are compatible with Win 10. In my case, only one program didn't make it. I found the update for Win 10 and replaced it. All on board now. MSFS did make it along with a gazillion others.

I love Cortana even if she is a little shy and confused but full of jokes.

Cheers,

Hi

After upgrading to Windows 10, Add-on HD Jetliners from Just Flight loaded with missing parts, i.e. missing virtual cockpits, no aircraft showing in outside view. Frame rate was also below 9 fps. After installing older Nividia drivers, the shortcomings remained. As a last resort I uninstalled and re-installed the relevant aircraft and everything is now working correctly. Am very impressed with Windows 10.

While fsx was working perfectly with win 8.1 when I upgraded to win 10 I get a black window when I choose a plane and a Black screen with sound when I try to fly. I have Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. Any idea why the incompatability with Win 10

While fsx was working perfectly with win 8.1 when I upgraded to win 10 I get a black window when I choose a plane and a Black screen with sound when I try to fly. I have Nvidia Geforce GTX 970. Any idea why the incompatability with Win 10

I had to switch to "Preview DirectX 10" to get any preview pane, or any type of flight. Under settings, graphics, and the "Preview DirectX 10" needs to be checked. I still have other issues, and still trying to work them out.

After 3 full days of using Win 10 I will say that Win 10 is THE VERY BEST OS I have ever used. There are NOT bugs. I am NOT experiencing ANY pain and suffering. I AM NOT debugging a single thing because that is what the beta testers did. I am not giving away my privacy. I am not suffering from any automatic updates. FSX and ALL my add-ons are working great. EVERY other program I had running under Win 7 is now RUNNING under Win 10 without me doing a single thing.

Ignore the doom and gloom folks and do what you think is best for your situation.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

After 3 full days of using Win 10 I will say that Win 10 is THE VERY BEST OS I have ever used. There are NOT bugs. I am NOT experiencing ANY pain and suffering. I AM NOT debugging a single thing because that is what the beta testers did. I am not giving away my privacy. I am not suffering from any automatic updates. FSX and ALL my add-ons are working great. EVERY other program I had running under Win 7 is now RUNNING under Win 10 without me doing a single thing.

Ignore the doom and gloom folks and do what you think is best for your situation.

+1

Cheers,

Archived